Guilty Conscience

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi,

i have jus bought a Dell D600 off a friend for £100 and im thinking it may be stolen when i got it the laptop was in a BSOD loop after the windows screen.

so i installed my xp on it but not reformat along side it and when i goto documents and setttings i see /Dell user ?
not i dnt think thats from a person maybe a company which eases the guilt a little but its still wrong.

now im not here to ask for advice on covering my tracks so mods please dont close this post.

im asking what u think i should do to make things worse my aunt has offered me a straight swap for an Xbox 360 ? my temptations are over ruling my thinking to do the right thing?

now keeping in mind i have now reformatted it to my own XP if i swap it with my aunt will she get in any trouble at all ?
i mean she doesnt suspect its stolen i dnt mind taking the rap if the po po get involved but ....

i dunno im guess im asking what would u guys do.

i cant grass my mate up,
i cant hand the laptop in id be short £100
i dont want to keep it,
i dont wonna get my aunt in trouble ?

what shall i do guys ?

IF your mate is a mate, talk to him about it. Did you know that it was stolen when you got it?

well my mate keeps saying its not stolen but he said he got it off his mate who didnt give him any info.

and what makes me think its stolen is the

documents and settings/Dell User ?

i mean who has that as their log in name

well my mate keeps saying its not stolen but he said he got it off his mate who didnt give him any info.

and what makes me think its stolen is the

documents and settings/Dell User ?

i mean who has that as their log in name

Perhaps that is the default dell username

who cares. the police arent going to care about a 100 pound laptop. they would laugh and take it and sell it after a month.

you see thats what im thinking i mean i dnt mean to sound harsh.

if it was me that was keeping the laptop id have no guilt at all as by the username its from a company therefore they can jus replace it so no guilt for the previous owner.

jus dnt wonna get my aunt in trouble i mean i think its got built in wireless jus no drivers but at the moment i have my wireless card in it therefore its a diff mac address right.

Yeah and anyway if you said he came from london where are you . CHances are if you are far from london they have no chance cos they aint gonna waste up loads of police resourses looking for a £100 laptop . And if its a company insurance can foot the bill i am sure

right ok i guess ill should have a new xbox 360 by tomorrow then ;)

jus finished doin updates and putting my anti virus on there.

i think its all set

Back
Top Bottom