Power Problems ?

ssc456

Fully Optimized
right i recent bought my new case which came with a PSU yes its an unbraded case and PSU before u criticise lol.

and well heres the problem my pc is usually on 24 hours a day and maybe thats y i jus noticed it i jus got my 64 bit vista and 64 bit XP and decided to install them on my pc now.

so i have and im happy to say they are working fine but...

not because my comp has been sat off for like 2 hours or so when i goto turn it on the fans power up screen dont come off standbye then it powers down, but if i press the power button again it comes on and runs for hours on end ??

what the problem here its almost like wen u jus plug your power lead in and the fans have a quick spin except my LED lights come on aswell...

its not really a major problem jus annoyin and obviuosly the workaround is easy i jus turn it on again lol.

but id like ti know whats causing it could it be a lack of wattage ?
its a 400W PSU and i got

Pentium D 915
Asus P5vd2-MX mobo
2Gb DDR2 533 Mhz RAM
2 DVD RW drives
1 Hardrive
1 set of blue neons
1 set of red neons
2 multi LED fans
1 red LED fan
2 blue LED lights at front of case
7300LE graphics card

think thats it ... might sound like alot but i always thought the neons and fans took almost no power ?

Well if its a no brand one it may not be pushin anywhere near 400W or whatever the current is on the +12rail so this could be causing problems

It could also be a short on your motherboard somewhere or a short elswhere in circuits as i have a ghetto rigged connection for a case fan and if it knocks and shorts the circuit the PSU powers down then i have to unplug the psu from the wall and plug it back in to get it to power again without the short

Sounds to me like your +12v rail is sagging, I would get a beefier PSU and try that. Something around 500 watts and a good brand like Thermaltake, Antec, Aspire, or the like.

right so is this something i need to do immediately or only if it botheres me that much ?

i mean i had the case like 2 weeks so i guess i could return it its jus a pain in the ass with all the building and rebuiding

There's no replacement for a good power supply. Your pc will probably run a little better with the good psu also. I wouldn't chance powering my brand new stuff with some off-brand psu.

bugger looks like i gonna have to buy a new PSU.

oh wait i think i have a PSU in my old case but i dunno what make it is ill have to check it wen i can bothered the case is at bottom of cupboard

Back
Top Bottom