CF Podcast?

ohh, Ok. Sorry, i thought you ment you set up a forum for the podcast. To be honest, i think we need a bit of feedback from David before we start properly.

Yeah, I do not think we will be needing the forum. However, if David does not approve of the podcast, then the forum will just be for our own podcast. So, if the podcast isn't officially for CF, then the forum would be a place to discuss the podcast.

Yeah, I think the blog should have a typed out version of the podcast if possible. I'm sure there are people who can type pretty fast who wouldn't mind doing it. Heck, I'd help out a bit if needed.

The reason is, a podcast isn't going to get you a great PageRank. If you type everything out, you'll start building up your PR with unique content. And then you can put AdSense or some other simple ads like David has on here...and whoever paid for hosting gets their money back :)

Yeah, we will have to have a separate webpage/blog for the podcast, seeing as how we need to post up podcast news, transcripts, etc..

Yeah, I think the blog should have a typed out version of the podcast if possible. I'm sure there are people who can type pretty fast who wouldn't mind doing it. Heck, I'd help out a bit if needed.

The reason is, a podcast isn't going to get you a great PageRank. If you type everything out, you'll start building up your PR with unique content. And then you can put AdSense or some other simple ads like David has on here...and whoever paid for hosting gets their money back :)
I think maybe it should be the other way round. The Podcast being a spoken version of the blog. Maybe?

No... That would be a bad idea. The while point of the podcast is so that the hosts can basically interact with each other, have discussions, arguments... Not just a reading of a newspost.

Yeah, I know that. But there could be post's on the forum, that they look over, and read about.

No... That would be a bad idea. The while point of the podcast is so that the hosts can basically interact with each other, have discussions, arguments... Not just a reading of a newspost.
Exactly. It would be boring to read a script. You have already decided topics that you're going to discuss, and it just goes from there. There could be a topic suggestion form on the blog too...

What do you guys think about a typed out version though?

Well, look at it this way:

If we get David's approval for this to be the official CF podcast, then we could get a subforum just for the podcast where people can discuss it. During the podcast itself we would be discussing threads in more depth, plus some original discussion about computers.

If we do not get David's approval, we will have to build this podcast up from scratch, get a forum for it, a webpage and a blog. If this is the case then we would have to come up with our own discussion topics and be more original.

EDIT: freestyler, when we get around to recording our first show, I will send you the mp3 file and you can type it up if you want. It would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom