CF Podcast?

Alright so this is how it all breaks down as of now:

If we get David's approval, we'll make this CF's offical podcast. If David doesn't give it, we can just do a computer podcast.

Jobs:
1. Thelis- Co-host, recorder, part time editor.
2. Rubber314Chicken - Co-host, part time editor, time planner.
3. dude_se - Co-host, topic manager.
4. Rudster - Co-host, part time editor.
5. Alvino - Part-time host, part time topic manager
6. Juice- Co-host (?), part time editor.

Anybody want to transcribe?

Also, I just selected the jobs at random.

I can be hoster of a site where we can also have the cast uploaded in addition to putting it on itunes. I already got soemthing worked up a bit: www.seanstech.net/cfblog

Edit: I was also browsing the related threads at the bottom and there was an idea exactly like this only two years ago and David approved, so he should this time round too.

Edit 2: Also, just found a neat podcast plugin for WordPress so I'm installin git now :)

How does Sunday/ Monday/ early Tuesday sound for recording? what times would work? (between east coast[0], west coast[-3], and the UK[+5], this could be interesting- 8 hour difference)

the blog- we should have our own accounts, we each sign in, then we can see bullions and stuff we each have posted, and we can write blogs, and then they get posted to the public. What software would work like that?

and topic suggestions-
*Generic my comp is broke
*3 part series:
******how to pick out the parts for a computer
******how to assemble the parts for your computer
******1st power up to install windows/linux to overclocking
*anti-virus/anti spayware (computer upkeeping)
*Intel vs. AMD
*ATI vs. NVidia
*HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (kinda like a call in to fix problems, maybe using posted comments on the blog)

and we NEED leaders. who should be in charge of what?
*[Wo]Men in charge maybe 4 (Thelis)
*recorder (Thelis)
*topic decider (dude_se, alvino)
*Web host- if needed, maintain all the software (hascet, joxley1990)
*editor- Audio (thelis, rubber314chicken, rudster, Juice)
*editor- The blogs (rubber314chicken, Rudster, Juice)
*Time Planner (rubber314chicken)
*hosts (Thelis, rubber314chicken Dude_se, rudster, Juice)

--- Any other jobs?---

I was going to say I've got tonnes of software for that kind of thing, but looks like hascet has already gone ahead..

Have you got enough bandwidth and disk space on your server hascet, to provide a long term blog? And is there anything else now that I can host?

I also think we should wait for David, he might want to help or something.

I am Definately interrested,Why cant you just instead of buying this software,Why cant you just change the recording source (In the sound control panel) to stereo mix,then record it in Audacity or something,the would pretty much record it in the same quality as the skype convo.Anyways im interested 4 sure and would really like to be apart of this.

Alright so this is how it all breaks down as of now:

If we get David's approval, we'll make this CF's offical podcast. If David doesn't give it, we can just do a computer podcast.

Jobs:
1. Thelis- Co-host, recorder, part time editor.
2. Rubber314Chicken - Co-host, part time editor, time planner.
3. dude_se - Co-host, topic manager.
4. Rudster - Co-host, part time editor.
5. Alvino - Part-time host, part time topic manager
6. Juice- Co-host (?), part time editor.

Anybody want to transcribe?

Also, I just selected the jobs at random.

I could do some stuff with the blog...? Maybe we could have the blog, which we post on, then the podcast could cover the artical's posted on the Blog and more..?

Why don't we just host the blog at http://www.wordpress.com?

You can redirect your domain there, it's free, there are loads of skins, loads of options, no advertisements, it automatically pings sites on pingomatic like technorati, if it's good your blog or post can appear on the front page and you'll get loads of visitors and... it's free.

cfblog.wordpress.com or something?

I was going to say I've got tonnes of software for that kind of thing, but looks like hascet has already gone ahead..

Have you got enough bandwidth and disk space on your server hascet, to provide a long term blog? And is there anything else now that I can host?

I also think we should wait for David, he might want to help or something.

I've got 5GB disk space, and 300GB transfer volume per month

everything sounds good on your end guy's, since this was only brought up yesterday...i yet to see what the other mods think of the idea.

and also to see what David thinks of the idea as well..

Cool idea guys. I'd consider appearing as a guest once in a while :)

Anyway, hascet's site looks okay, but it needs a sweet design. You could easily find a template, or someone could Photoshop something. Wordpress is awesome, I'd definitely say you should use that.

Aren't most of you guys either in the U.K. or east coast U.S.? If you did it in the evening for the U.K. people, it'd be around late afternoon for the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom