I've Lost my Network Connection

Jp425

Baseband Member
I need your help guys, i accidently pressed a function key on my laptop running vista basic, and now i've lost my network connection.
Everytime i try to connect i get a message saying "Windows cannot find any networks", not even private connections in my building.
I clicked diagnose and it says "turn on wireless capability either by a switch or function key" I don't have a switch so what is the function key to turn it on?

Ive checked device manager-->network adapters--> right clicked my wireless card and it is functioning correctly (turned on).

I've tried to set up a wireless network all over again but it can't find my networks.

I don't know what i pressed, i think it was F5, i know when i pressed the button it made a beep noise and sudenly my network is lost.

please help.

turn on wireless capability either by a switch or function key"

Sounds like to me your notebook has a *switch* or *function key* that enables or disable the wireless card in your notebook. I know Sony Vaio do this. If the wireless switch is not on you don't get online wirelessly. Also, does your notebook have bluetooth enabled? If so, might be the culprit. Who is the manufacture of your computer system? Me personally I think you just disabled it by accidently hitting the function keys on your notebook. Need make and model of computer please.

This is the message i get:

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

turn on wireless capability either by a switch or function key"[/quote[]

Sounds like to me your notebook has a switch that enables or disable the wireless card in your notebook? Sony Vaio do this. If the wireless switch is not on you don't get online wirelessly. Also, does your notebook have bluetooth enabled? If so, might be the culprit. Who is the manufacture of your computer system?

I have a dell inspiron 1501 with dell wireless 1390 802.11g mini card. I has no wireless switch and bluetooth. It is running Vista basic.

I just pressed something , i think a combo with F5 and suddenly i lost all wireless connections.

Dude you turned off your wireless card by accident. If I had the make and model of your system I could tell you how to enable it so you can get back online wirelessly. I know what the problem is you turned it off by accident. I did technical support you know how many people did this and not even realize it. Accidents happen.

BRB with info

I have integrated 10/100 network card and the dell 1390.

I would be grateful for your help.

i pressed it Fn key and F2, but its not working.

Well I've read the atual owners manual for that specific make and model notebook it stated to Enable the wireless card hold Fn key and press F2 to enable it. Press Fn & F2 to disable it. Since what I recommend didnt work maybe you should call Dell since your notebook is still covered under warranty.

Just my two cents.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1501/en/index.htm

Thank you, i appreciate your help. I wonder if they are different from the US and Canada where i am located.

Back
Top Bottom