holy crap crysis needs a nice rig

esa193

Fully Optimized
GS: What sort of hardware was the E3 demo running on? How's the battle to optimize the game going? Are you still sticking with the general rule that Crysis will run on two-year old hardware, albeit at lower visual settings?

CY: At E3, we were running on a [GeForce] 8800 video card and a dual-core Intel [CPU]with 4 gigabytes of RAM at very high settings. Not the highest, though! Most of the time, it was running smoothly.

Yes, we [are] progressing very well on optimization, and we will achieve our goal. Two-to-three-year-old rigs will run Crysis well, with lower visual settings still competing with the best games of two-to-three years ago.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/news.html?sid=6175656&autoplay=6175658&tag=topslot;link;1

so what do you need to run it in full settings?
intel Quad2core and dual 8800 ultras?
dam this game needs power so wounder its not going on
ps3/360
hope i can at lest run it on high =/

Yeah but i am sure they will optimise it more . and tbh even at high or medium the grpahics will prolly still be very very good

Quad2core lol, ya its not fully optimized yet and even when it is your not going to be able to run it at max at high resolutions. We will have to wait for second generation dx 10 hardware for that.

im just glad i have somthing to show my 360 fan boy friends that pc = better graphics

Personally, I doubt it's going to be that high. Needs optimising and heck, lowest settings is not bad.

im just glad i have somthing to show my 360 fan boy friends that pc = better graphics

Yeah but 360=no compatability worries . and no need to upgrade every 6 months . that is one thing i just love about console gaming , no driver issues no compatability problems you just put the disk in and off you go .But thets not make this a thread about that

I think it will be optimized further so it can run at a decent setting on any high power dual core , AMD or INTEL like an athlon x2 5200+ and above or a e6400or above . 2GIGS of ram or maybe 4 at a push and any decent DX10 CARD ATI or NVIDIA-Otherwise people aint gonna buy it
who is gonna spend loada dollars on a quad core , 4gigs of ram and 2 8800gtx's just for one game .I dont know many people that would
Say its gonna run only on low on your e6600 and 2ggis of ram and 8800 card you aint gonna bover so they wont have good sales . My point is that they have to optimise or it wont sell too good

On another note . i wonder if i can run crysis :D.
2.8ghz p4
512mb ram
32mb tnt 2 m64

Haha, although I condone any fanboyism, you can't just blatantly say that PC has better graphics. Sure, from a pure standpoint that may be true for certain games, but what about cost? With the cost of the hardware needed to run Crysis smoothly, you could easily buy 2 or 3 PS3's or 3-4 Xbox 360. Heck, maybe even more.

Consoles still have a better performance/graphics to price ratio.

ya but take into account of wat a pc can do besides game
u need pcs to make games for consoles
oh and to run crysis minuim your going to need a 3.2ghz single core
with 1g of ram and a 7600 or up

ya but take into account of wat a pc can do besides game
u need pcs to make games for consoles
oh and to run crysis minuim your going to need a 3.2ghz single core
with 1g of ram and a 7600 or up

Yeah thats one place where pc's are better

But consoles are becoming multi use as well for instance you can use the wii to browse the web and the xbox can store your music library .

eh it will never be like a pc tho
i cant see it become wair u download any programs u want
write your own programs and sit down at it with a key bored to write a report
the web browser on wii is nice
its good for checking email myspace and showing a video on youtube real quick thats it

Back
Top Bottom