65nm AMD chips leaky :News

too technical for me to understand fully. but if he is saying that AMD's 65nm lineup runs hot then he is wrong. mine is as almost as cool as it was at stock under the same conditions. just a bit lower idle temps. the load temps were pretty much the same give or take a degree.

maybe my chip isnt accurate i dunno

too technical for me to understand fully. but if he is saying that AMD's 65nm lineup runs hot then he is wrong. mine is as almost as cool as it was at stock under the same conditions. just a bit lower idle temps. the load temps were pretty much the same give or take a degree.

maybe my chip isnt accurate i dunno

it's not about the temps. The current means amps.. So it means that it sucks more power than it should

well im running my setup on a 480 watt PSU that came with a 40$ case and only has 12amps on the 12V rail. i doubt that its sucking more power than it should

not only is it sucking more power, but its also giving off more heat. 12A on the 12V rail is 144W. Thats only a quarter of the psu rating.

I don't think it's too big of a deal, since he isn't running a really high-end system. But what concerns me is the quality of the power supply, most that come with cases are so-so. My friend had a guy build a computer for him (his mom insisted) and the guy put in a power supply made by a company called iCute (don't know if it came with it or not). Four months and it failed.

well im running my setup on a 480 watt PSU that came with a 40$ case and only has 12amps on the 12V rail. i doubt that its sucking more power than it should

o well it's using your PSU. Since it has leaks the CPU will request more and more power.

The leakage isn't only consisting of heat. Put a, let's say a 300W PSU. The PDC E2140 will have no trouble. Try a 3600+...we'll talk about it. I don't even think it's 65nm. Maybe like an 80nm.

leakage = heat. Inefficiency = more heat. Thus we can conclude that leakage = inefficient.

The more current you have leaking through the gates, the more power it needs to run. This is why Intel had to change their manufacturing process on 45nm to try to minimize current leakage.

Back
Top Bottom