ADSL only can hook up to one computer?

Thanks for the link. However, I'll be honest I don't plan on updating my firmware version anytime soon. Whether it's through the vendor themselves or 3rd party. IM a big fan of this motto if it's not broke don't fix it.

Cheers,
0x0161

Walmart hahahah top of the line for walmart is a linksys or a crappy belkin IMO MAYBE Dlink or even Buffalo. Go to best buy or Circuit City or Coscos for that stuff. You go to walmart to buy your food and underware not your computer equipment. Just my two cents.

why do some cost more then others? i was thinkin about getting linksys wrt54g but i was wondering is it fast? i have a 1.5m connection with earthlink. i dont wanna slow it down if i get a slow router

why do some cost more then others?

Why does a bag of schwag cost 80 an ounce but chronic is 400 an ounce? Why does it cost more? Easy it's a better product. You want the good stuff you're going to have to 'pay' for it. Same with computer equipment.

Brand names play a role, the actual features/options of the router it's self play a huge role.

i was thinkin about getting linksys wrt54g but i was wondering is it fast? i have a 1.5m connection with earthlink. i dont wanna slow it down if i get a slow router

It's going to be 54.0 Mbps top speed for wireless. If you plan on using a network cable it will be 100 Mbps. Dude, you have an 1.5 mb account through earthlink thats the bottom of the ADSL barrell. I can tell you your speed shouldnt be that much of a difference with a router installed.

Personally I like linksys routers, never had a problem with them. I had a netgear and didn't like it, it was also a cheapo so I guess that may have played a part in it. Buffalo and D-Link are good too. I can't say any brand is good or bad because it's all up to personal preference, and experience you've had with a certain brand. You could try comparing some routers and seeing which ones have more features, or even go to review sites and see which ones get better reviews.

Back
Top Bottom