What vid card will support HD TV?

DirtBikeRidr

In Runtime
I want to be able to view my computer on this TV. Which video card will be the best? I was thinking about getting the GeForce 8800 GST Also how should i hook up the sound, i want to use the tv speakers, not a surround sound system.

if theres a better video card please let me know.

Thats my baby! I love PNY overclocks very well. It comes with the HD TV hookup if you want to do that. Not sure what you mean about the sound though. I would think if you hook it up to your TV the sound is going to come from the TV speakers unless you plug it into a reciever.

Ok, so i think imma stay with that card. But if you look in the back of the tv for hdmi input, how does the sound get hooked up to the tv speakers?

im thinking of converting DVI to HDMI with this cable

Well I just pulled out the high def cable just to take a look at it. The one end has a plug in to the back of the 8800gts. Then the other side has Yellow video plug in also green,purple and red. It also looks like it has a S-video input as well. These are all female ends to you'll need a set of cables to plug from there to your monitor. Thats were the sound would be run through you'd just have to plug the audio ports into your tv and then the video.

I have not bought a high def TV yet so i'm not totally positive but that looks how it would hook up to me.

a standard computer monitor IS HDTV!!! most people dont know that. all video cards can dispaly HD. just get a card with a S-Video output unless your going to be gaming aswell the 8800GTS is a waste of your time. if your not going to be gaming at all a 8500GT will be a good choice. its MEANT for stuff like this

Well I just pulled out the high def cable just to take a look at it. The one end has a plug in to the back of the 8800gts. Then the other side has Yellow video plug in also green,purple and red. It also looks like it has a S-video input as well. These are all female ends to you'll need a set of cables to plug from there to your monitor. Thats were the sound would be run through you'd just have to plug the audio ports into your tv and then the video.

I have not bought a high def TV yet so i'm not totally positive but that looks how it would hook up to me.
Haha, you mean green, blue, and red? Those are component cables. That's what you would use in that case, S-Video and the yellow cable (composite) are not capable of HD resolutions.

a standard computer monitor IS HDTV!!! most people dont know that. all video cards can dispaly HD. just get a card with a S-Video output unless your going to be gaming aswell the 8800GTS is a waste of your time. if your not going to be gaming at all a 8500GT will be a good choice. its MEANT for stuff like this
Yeah. A standard 17" or 19" monitor is 1280x1024 pixels, which is actually above 720p resolutions (1280x720).

The 8500GT sounds like a good choice in this case. You can just use the DVI to HDMI cable then.

The computer is going to be for business so i need a big monitor, but needs to to be HD.

But i did see that adapter that comes with the card. Thats the plug that will go into the red, blue and green? If so, then i dont need a DVI to HDMI converter, and then i can just plug my sound output and convert that into RCA and then plug into the same input on the tv. Correct?

Back
Top Bottom