Need some advice

Guitaraz90

Baseband Member
Hey, I have to get some answers because ive been fiddling with a computer for weeks because I have no Life. Ok so heres the deal. My friend Gave me a Somewhat old comp. The only info I have on the Cpu Chip is its a Amd Athalon Amx(circa 1999) with one missing pin,The Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA 7DX Rev 2.2 and its got a 128mb ram stick. Ok so the motherboard runs the chip fan, processor cooling fan, led lights and Hardrive,CD-Rom etc...I powered it up and did no know that the cooling fan cord was only halfway put into the power fan pins,thus sending up just a tiny bit of smoke from under the cooling fan so I guess the processor was fried. Am I out of luck from the processor, because the motherboard still runs fine,and plz dont bag on me too much because im only a 15 year old kid whos been working with computers for about 1 1/2 years.Advice would be Appreciated.Thanks :)

Email- Guitaraz90@aim.com
Alternat90@yahoo.com

Hey, answer your phone noob.

- Jeff

And no, I don't have any advice for you. Call a computer store and see if they can give you any information.

Yeah, that sounds pretty damn screwed. You might (if you wanted to) be able to get an "Amx" from Ebay... Good Luck :D

Back
Top Bottom