Keyboard Issues

HanaiKenji

Baseband Member
Hi everyone,

I've lately been having troubles with my keyboard, let me explain.

I turn on the computer one day, and see that my keyboard isn't working, so I unplug and replug it back in, no luck. I restart the computer and see that its working while the computer is loading but once it gets to the boot screen, it does not work.

My keyboard is a USB keyboard, so I try another USB slot. It works again and plug my mouse to the USB slot that the keyboard was in, and the mouse works, so I don't think there is anything wrong with the USB slot. It continues to work until today.

Now today the keyboard stops working, and now both USB slots do not work with the keyboard and now I have to put my keyboard in the third USB slot. I'm just wondering what is wrong? Again, when restarted, the keyboard only works until the boot screen. I have not tried a driver re-installation because I don't know what I'm suppose to do.

And btw, I've tried other devices in the USB slots that the keyboard does not work in, and it works.

Oh I'm sorry, I don't know how that could've happened. If mods are here, could you please delete those.

And uhh my keyboard came with my Acer computer.

Oh I'm sorry, I don't know how that could've happened. If mods are here, could you please delete those.

Already taken care of. It was probally a data base thing. That or you clicked submit more than once.

After everything loads and you have lost keyboard control, have you tried un-plugging the keyboard and re pluging it in? That should reset the drivers for it.

its the Acer Aspire ASE380-E423A.
The motherboard name is unknown to Everest Home Edition but it does have the motherboard id which is
Motherboard ID 02/07/2007-MCP61M-AM-6A61KE11C-00

I'm thinking maybe the keyboard is dying/dead. Is it possible for you to try a different keyboard, or yours in a different comptuer?

Ok are you on the Acer now? If so, try this. Go into Device manager, open up the Universal Serial Bus Controllers (click the +) then right click the USB controller and select update driver. Click on manually specify location and point it to C:\windows\system32 and check the 'search subfolders' check box.

Like I said earlier it's currently working on the third USB slot, but I think the same problem will happen again and this slot will not work along with the others.

Back
Top Bottom