One laptop per child

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
http://www.laptop.org

specs_dimensions.jpg

Interesting idea that definitely shows us how our quality of life is different than in some countries.

Wrote a little entry on it too: http://thefunbucket.com/2007/07/25/one-laptop-per-child/

well i suppose almost every family in england has a computer in there house if not two or three and in the places where the laptops will be deployed people have no computers and i suppose laptops will help the children learn a lot more

we have 4 desktops and 2 laptops but only 5 family members :p

Humidity: Similar attitude to temperature. When closed, the unit should seal well enough that children walking to and from school need not fear rainstorms or dust.

found that pretty cool, these are the hardware specs. very good for a 170$ laptop. 466mhz cpu from AMD. 256mb DDR333 RAM but, graphics are interagated into the cpu.

dissapointing though is the 1GB flash storage and no removable media. not sure if it even has USB ports to hook it up to a wired printer

yea, and poorer kids seem to want to learn so its a good idea. pretty funky looking. ive seen these before.
my laptop doesnt have a built in mic or cam lol :(

found that pretty cool, these are the hardware specs. very good for a 170$ laptop. 466mhz cpu from AMD. 256mb DDR333 RAM but, graphics are interagated into the cpu.

dissapointing though is the 1GB flash storage and no removable media. not sure if it even has USB ports to hook it up to a wired printer
We have 2 desktops , one mine other parents /sister and a laptop which is mine .

ALso it only has the 1gb storage to hold an os as all other data is stored on servers or something , i dunno the full details but data is help remotely on servers AFAIK

Eh... Show me some benchmarks.

I mean for 170, it is not bad, but you could build a better desktop for that money.

I wonder what the "game buttons" are for though.

I think it's a good idea, so those kids that are less fortunate can get a better education.

I personally own 7 computers, 6 functional at the moment, 2 I am trying to sell. My parents share 1 desktop, and my brother has a desktop, so it's 9 systems in my house, and only 4 people in my family... I also got about 4 older systems to rebuild and sell... I feel spoiled now...

Maybe good if it had a bigger screen... I'm not so sure it should be $170 though. Maybe with a bigger screen and more storage space. If I had a laptop with those specs though I wouldn't sell it for anymore than $100 really.

not sure if it even has USB ports to hook it up to a wired printer

Look at the picture and it says it has like 3 USB ports I think.

EDIT:
I wonder what the "game buttons" are for though.

Look at the hinge. It looks like it can turn the screen around like a tablet notebook, so I assume that's what it does. If so, it probably acts like a bigger version of a Gameboy or something.

It's got a 433 Mhz AMD Geode with 256 MiB dynamic RAM DDR333 166 Mhz. It's for kids, it doesn't need anything fast to do what its designed for.

Back
Top Bottom