amd athlon 64X2 6000+ final choice need help

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
ok after some research i found amd dual cores are by far cheaper than c2d and pentium d im looking at the atlon 64 X2 6000+ fast dual core 3.0 ghz for like 180 bucks but im in a rut i caint find a mobo to support the 3000mghz frequancy and i would like an after market hsf i would like the mobo to suppoer at least 4 gig ddr2 ram have intergrated sound and lan nood need for intergated vid i have a video card any link would be nice i dont want links form newegg or tigerdirect i dontlike new egg cuz they dont support over the phone orders(i dont use my card on the net was fruaded once) and i had bad dealings with tiger direct

Well, newegg is what we deal with most of the time on this forum. I assure you it's 100% legit, I've ordered dozens of things from them. If you don't want newegg links, I'm not going to help you.

Phone orders are less secure than secure encrypted online orders just so ya know buddy.

well congrats the only place i no where u can get Computer parts at good prices is a MricoCenter (alot more money then Any website)
I dont no of any besides those 2 and i dont think most sites have over the phone orders
(U could always take the longer newegg way where u send them a check and then they send u the stuff)
Or u can use paypal
And a recomendation on th CPU
Get the 5600+ it uses a 100 watts less power (89Watts)
Its also cheaper and u can easly OC it stable to 3.0 Not over that though

i thought you where buying from geeks.com . i am in the uk so i dunno about other US stores just newegg mainly cos thats what most of the people here use

well i was gonna buy form geeks but i decided to switch to amd cpus and i wanted the 6000+ and they didnt have it all they had was the 5000+ with no after market hsf supporting it so i started looking i can a athlon 64 X2 6000+ for 174 bucks some one had said on this post that i can stabley OC a 5600+ but will it be as fast and right now i dont feel like buying more fans or paying for a water cooling system and im still lost on a mobo will any am2 mobo that supports dual core amds support a 6000+ thats all i need is a mobo i have a case picked out with a 550wat psu hopefully that a big enough psu the case has 3 80mm fans and i have 2 120mm fans and i already own a nvidia geforse 7600gs so all i need is a mobo and a hsf as i forgot to mention that above

WELL ok
First off if ur case it a SunBeam Transformer Then thats the same one im getting
(in one or 2 days)
For a motherboard id go for the M2N32-SLI Deluxe or the Wireless edition if u want full 16x 16x SLI speed thats sitting in its box right next to me :D
And as for the PSU Dont get or use the PSUs that come with the case
Its better to get a individual one.
Right now im hopeing that i dont have to take the top fan on the Transformer case cus the PSU if to big (Lets all hope)

Back
Top Bottom