Cannot update time

alex_boothby

In Runtime
I recently took out the bios battery so obviosuly i lost my time settings. so i go in to the clock and to update the internet time and it will not let me it says "the RPC server is unaviable" on both of them! any help please?

Alex

i think thats a windows problem i tried updating mine for the last 6 months and it wont update its best to jus put it in yourself

I recently took out the bios battery so obviosuly i lost my time settings. so i go in to the clock and to update the internet time and it will not let me it says "the RPC server is unaviable" on both of them! any help please?

Alex

The windows time servers stopped updating for me too. First off you need your clock to be set somewhere around the correct time and date. Second off if microsoft doesnt work, use an alternative time server like time.apple.com :)

thnx buddie but it says the same for the apple one! and some apps such as msn wont wont run unless the time is specifically set! any other ideas?

Make sure you have the two RPC services in the picture enabled. To do this, hit start > type run > services.msc

rpcbn3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom