Xbox mods...

freestyler105

Golden Master
Well apparently my soldering job with my Xbox modchip got loose, and I have to redo it. I took the thing apart today, and sure enough, there's a loose wire.

Anyway, while it's apart, I figured I'd try some more mods. I did this today:
xboxxb7.jpg

As opposed to the regular one:
gjte4.png

And I'm gonna cut a hole through the case there so you can see inside through the jewel.

Tommorow I have to go pick up a new soldering iron (lost mine...) and I'm gonna get some spraypaint for it. I was thinking something like this:
image002.jpg

Except instead of silver like a dark metallic red.

What do you guys think? Any other ideas for (simple) mods??

Did it myself. I decided I didn't want to buy any parts for it, doing it all yourself is much more rewarding (well, besides the modchip). Once you get the jewel off, which is a formidable task in itself, just take a lot of rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, or mineral turpentine on an old rag to it.
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=247681

I used nail polish, just because it was readily available. Worked pretty well as you can see...

0724072118sf3.jpg

Finished spraypainting :) Took me forever to find what was wrong with the modchip, finally I just went and resoldered every connection, and it worked. Now I just need to cut out a hole in the center, and glue the jewel back on.

my brother has an xbox that has a clear case, hard mod dont know what chip though, and a 320GB HDD with 25+ games on it.

i tried doing something like that to a keyboard. after putting the keyboard back together one of the key traces decided to give out. i could never get it to work again :(

Nice work so far :)

I have an Xbox version 1, but it doesn't even power up, haha.

Yeah, I could've bought a premade case, but I decided it would be cooler if I did it all myself. They do have tons of sweet cases though.

Thanks guys :)

Raffaz has a really cool modded xbox if I remember right, its even got an LCD on it

Back
Top Bottom