is sky broadband good?

dude_se

Proper Legend
ive heard both good and bad reviews.
the package and price are perfect and comes with a good wireless router.
i just need to know asap what you all think?

Depends what you want to use it for. They block torrents - but im sure it's easy to get around....

they block torrents!!!!
omfg really. i just gave my dad the go ahead. i hope i can get around it

Loads of isp's block torrents , mostly its just a matter of changing the port your torrent client uses .
I dunno about sky broadband though i have never used it

well bt is pretty good. i can get maximum speeds on torrents. some of the ports are blocked but i just need to set up port forwarding in the router. i think im going with it. a lot of the problems are caused by n00bish people and if i hack the negear router and put official netgear firmware on it that may also fix some problems

... hmm my dads ordering it tomorrow. i really hope its good. i should be able to skip all the noobish problems people are having i just hope the line is fast and reliable :)

I have had a couple of clients whom have had it, their customer service is lousy, and they have said that the broadband is sporadic with it working fine and then cutting out without warning.

The customer service say its the router, the engineer says its the line, bt says that it has to be sky, so who knows, 3 weeks and still no fix....

But this is only a couple of people it could work fine for others....

yea ive heard a lot of bad, but also a lot of good. if its the router i can hack it and install the official netgear firmware, if its the line i can just complain to bt, although the lines been perfectly fine.
hmm i just hope it all goes well.
the router is said to be crap although someone near my mums house has one and i can pick up a great reliable signal from it.
hmmm...

sky want to take over my line or some sh*t so im sticking with bt and they have reduced my package to £20 a month and im getting a free homehub. not too bad i suppose. atleast i know the quality will be there im just not sure what the homehubs like. my mum has one and it isnt that special but she has it right next to a computer and cordless phone and its low down so that might be fcuking up the signals.
i was looking forward to the sexy netgear router but never mind :)

Back
Top Bottom