DB errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two white screens and a DB error in the last 3 minutes, again. This thread is getting too large, and it's getting there fast.

he's saying when the Db's happen , one could always use the other site of David's.

Anyways I do have to agree with everyone that the DB's have been a pain lately.. :eek:

Database errors won't last very long if Mr Lindon's using MySQL on his server or his hosting company if he doesn't host his own. MySQL is designed to restart automatically if it crashes but numerous errors (I have seen a few in the short period I have been here) are probably due to either database corruption, a flawed MySQL installation or somebody flooding the server with database connection requests. I would suggest to Mr Lindon to carefully inspect the server logs and see exactly what's happening at the times around which these errors are being reported and work backwards from there to solve the problem.

Database errors won't last very long if Mr Lindon's using MySQL on his server or his hosting company if he doesn't host his own. MySQL is designed to restart automatically if it crashes but numerous errors (I have seen a few in the short period I have been here) are probably due to either database corruption, a flawed MySQL installation or somebody flooding the server with database connection requests. I would suggest to Mr Lindon to carefully inspect the server logs and see exactly what's happening at the times around which these errors are being reported and work backwards from there to solve the problem.
You've been a member for five days, & probably don't realise that this has been going on for some months now, & David Lindon has been working flat out on this problem, the techies among us, [not me] have pitched in with lots of ideas, so, with all due respect, do you believe that your solution will succeed?, don't misunderstand, if it works we'll all thank you, we, including David are thoroughly fed up with the whole thing.

Are you saying that this is another way to contact you &/or David?

It's a way to actually continue to post. David runs the site. Okay, the site is really bad. The bot died, the smilies and quick reply doesn't work anymore. But, when DB errors happens, you can register there and talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom