Hmmm computer keeps shutting down

misosoupy

Beta member
I just popped a new hardrive into my computer cause the old one died. As I booted up WinXP after the screen asks if I wanna hit F* to enter BIOS settings it would just go to a black screen, so i popped out the lithium battery and reset the BIOS. That seemed to fix the problem but now as WinXP loads up and detects my computer settings, around the time it asks if I want to repair/install Windows XP, the computer just simply shuts off. I already unplugged all unnecesary components. I even switched around the RAM to see if they were faulty. I simply can't seem to figure out what the problem is. It's a brand new Seagate 400GB hardrive. Anyone have any suggestions?

ASUS PSNSLI
eVGA 7800 GT SLI
2GB (2X1G) Crucial 5800 DDR2

Just your harddrive, I had a brand new harddrive and I kept getting the blue screen of death, after I checked everything, found out it was the harddrive and only had it for a week or two. And yes, it was a Seagate.:rolleyes:

I don't believe I've done anything else. I reset the BIOS. I removed all nonessential hardware. I just slapped in an older hardrive (maxtor) to see if it's the hardrive and it still does the same thing. Unless the old hardrive has the same problem

Back
Top Bottom