Even GBA outsells PS3 during February

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
Even GBA Outsells PS3 during February

The latest NPD figures are in, detailing the console hardware sales in the North American region for the month of February. Nintendo DS topped things with 485,000 units, followed by Wii, PS2 and Xbox 360. A cause for concern is that the PS3 sold just 127,000, for a brand new console this doesn't appear to be too healthy. However, sales of the PS2 remain very strong.

Latest NPD Sales figures for February

Nintendo DS 485,000
Wii 335,000
PlayStation 2 295,000
Xbox 360 228,000
PlayStation Portable 176,000
Game Boy Advance 136,000
PlayStation 3 127,000
GameCube 24,000
Xbox 480

Source: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=15190

That's because the PS3 is $700. And sales of the PS2 are strong because the people sold theirs and now want it back because they miss their addiction.

I stopped gaming a long time ago after I found out the gaming industry is nothing but a bunch of guys that don't give a shit about you and keep you coming back to hand them 65 more dollars for that brand new game.

Im game-free and proud.

Meh, a console will remain a console. I'm not a gamer, but I can tell you, $700 is TOO much!

Once it comes down in price a little the sales will go up. Its still quite expensive at the moment

The catch with the PS3 price drop is that once all the 60GB ones have been sold, there will only be the 80GB version at $599. Confirmed by SCEA a week or so.

The PS3s won't drop in price enough to make most people buy it for at least a year. They're already losing tons of money on each PS3 sold, and until the technology becomes cheap enough for them to start making money, they won't cut the prices.

lol thats kinda funny.

i had an argument / heated discussion wiv my mate the other day bout whats better PS3 or 360 ?

i said PS3 he said 360 we eventually said there prob bout the same and he said yh but 360 is cheaper therfore better and yet i added all the extras up on the 360 like the HD add on and stuff which BTW wud sit seperate to console then they are bout the same price.

maybe if PS3 did a cheap standard version like the standard 360 they would sell more.

P.S i still think the PS3 is better than the 360 have played them both and jus prefer the PS3, i have always voted playstation over xbox

lol thats kinda funny.

i had an argument / heated discussion wiv my mate the other day bout whats better PS3 or 360 ?

i said PS3 he said 360 we eventually said there prob bout the same and he said yh but 360 is cheaper therfore better and yet i added all the extras up on the 360 like the HD add on and stuff which BTW wud sit seperate to console then they are bout the same price.

maybe if PS3 did a cheap standard version like the standard 360 they would sell more.

P.S i still think the PS3 is better than the 360 have played them both and jus prefer the PS3, i have always voted playstation over xbox
Even the most expensive elite XBOX 360 is cheaper than the PS3. :p

Back
Top Bottom