Which laptop to buy?

i mean i trust your opinion in that i dont know all that much, but wahts wrong with teh laptops on ibuypower and such for like $1200/1300 will they not suite my needs? i feel like i can stuff close to what i want for something less than 1.8

OK yeah show a link and we can see what the specs are i am not from the US so i dont know many US stores . i only know about newegg because the US members on here like it so much

umm... i have been looking at these hopefully you can give me an idea of what is good and bad.

http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=242

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/ntbkx55850.asp?v=d

and this last one:
HP Pavilion dv9500t customizable Notebook PC
RL653AV

* – Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
* – Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor T7300 (2.00 GHz, 4 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)
* – 17.0" WXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1440 x 900)
* – FREE Upgrade from 1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) to 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
* – 511MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
* – HP Imprint (Radiance) + Fingerprint Reader + Webcam + Microphone
* – FREE Upgrade to Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth(TM)
* – 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
* – SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
* – No TV Tuner w/remote control
* – High Capacity 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
* – Microsoft(R) Works 8.0
* – HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

for 1388, but i am steering away because of the price

No way. I do not believe that is 1388, show me a link.

Also, for some reason I cannot believe those links. I just can't. First off, the laptop brands are weird, I have never heard of either one of them. Then the price... It is too good... Wow.

ok thank you for helping me get my point across

budget: $1250 ish (us dollars)

size: 14-16''

i dont know about icons but im from the united states

no preference in brands

tasks: games like cs:source and things comparable, music, movies, surfing, possibly some low end video audio rendering

usually will be on my desk, but i needs to be transportable for writing papers outside and bringing computer to class/labs

battery life of 3 hours would be nice but im flexible

i plan on buying it online without seeing it first

i want to run vista

i would prefer widescreen with a middle range screen size option i guess 1680x1050

flexible on the gloss or matte of screen, glossy would be nice

i need at about 120gb of hardrive space, but the more the better

and yes i need a cdrw/dvd drive

thanks again for helping me be more specific

I just ordered my brand new Dell laptop yesterday. It cost exactly $1205 with all the extra tax and such. Let me tell you, this laptop is THE ONE to get. I haven't got it yet, but when I do, I'll take picts and tell you my impressions of 'actual' use.

For now, I can tell you what I know about it according to reviews and from my personal shopping experience. I ordered a new Inspiron 1420, the latest from Dell. It carries a brand new Intel Core 2 Duo "Santa Rosa", rated at 2GHz. Super speedy. I didn't get the optional Geforce 8800GS, because I don't want to game on it. You should it you do gaming.

The new platform adds longer battery life and faster computing to the technology bundle of a processor, chipset and wireless card. Intel will keep the name Centrino Duo for the consumer version, although changes already include a faster Core 2 Duo processor, bigger cache, increased FSB, support for the draft version of 802.11n wireless networking and a Turbo Memory feature that supplements the standard hard drive with NAND flash for faster booting. In other words, it's great for gaming, multimedia, and everything else in between. An all around workhorse.

It's loaded with features too, including the ones you specified as well. It is widescreen, but I got the 14" version. I don't like big laptops. There are 17" models if that's what you like. I picked the 9 cell batter that can last a max of 7 hours!!!! It has Vista and option for glossy screen. I hate that and picked anti-glare instead. Again, I'm not into gaming. It has 160GB 7200RPM hard drive, and yes, a DVD burner too!!!!! In addition, it has an 8 in 1 media card reader and two headphone ports so you can have two people listening in at the same time. It has a firewire port, 4-high speed USB ports, ExpressCard slot, Ethernet, modem, S-video, etc. and all the usual stuff.

That's it in a nutshell. The price range is excellent for this type of model and I hope they are reliable. Unlike the piece of crap Compaq/HP laptop I had before that only lasted a year. By the way, I still have the processor from my old laptop. I plan on torching it.

yea i looked at the dell's and after i customized it to what i want i was up near 1500, not exactly what i wanted to spend. that laptop sounds great for you since you dont intend on gaming, but i do, i dont think it would work for me given our different needs.

Back
Top Bottom