<SPOLERS FOR HP7!> A few explantaions.

Thelis

Golden Master
Some people were not happy with the seventh book. I was happy with it, and would like to post some explanations of parts people thought were weak:

1) Some people did not like the entire plotline of the Deathly Hallows themselves, and say that they were completely pointless. I disagree with taht standpoint. Maybe the Hallows took a bit away from Horcruxes, but still without them many things would not be possible. For one, without the plot line of the Elder Wand, Harry would not have been able to kill Voldemort. Admit it, his victory over him was not really magical, he just realized a clever loophole. In a regular duel without any protections, and without wand superiority, the Dark Lord would completely destroy Harry. Using the knowledge that DD was Disarmed was very clever of Harry, but still, Voldemort could not do anything to defend himself at all in the end.

2) The death of Fred Weasley. I agree with people, that was very sad. I will not try to make excuses, I did not think the death had to happen. However, if one of the Weasley kids had to die, it would be Fred. Percey, Bill and Charlie were not that involved in the first two or three books so their death would not deliver the necessary blow. Ron would devastate everyone, and his death would be completely uncalled for. George already lost an ear (I know this sounds ridiculous) and his further death would make the whole ear-loss seem stupid.

3) The redemption of Draco. I thought that if you look at HBP and DH as two parts of one book, his redemption seems completely legit. In HBP we were given a troubled youth that was trying to protect his family, later he felt remorse and chose the right side. I see nothing bad or corny about that.

That is all I have to say. I hope some people agree.

In the DH draco tried to capture harry. So I woulden't say he was reformed. Then on the staircase he tried to turn against them again and harry had to save him a second time. I THink it was sad that 2 more aurors died, Tonks And Mad Eye.

Good post!

However, it was in fact Draco that got the promised redemption. I cannot think of anyone else that switched sides. If you remember after Harry killed LV, all of the Malfoys were sitting at the main table with the good guys. And you did not get my point, I am just trying to explain things that people thought were dumb. Some parts were sad yes, but I will make no excuses for them.

In a whole the book was awesome, I coulden't ask for more. It enthralled me from the moment i opend up the book. I guess the only complaint is i wish harry would of learned new magic. Becasue really he isnt that good Alot of times just pure luck saves him. Usually a hero is like dumbledore but oh well still loved the book.

I thought Harry was supposed to die or something.

No, a lot of media outlets decided that it would make for a better show if they spread out a bit of rumors. The Harry Potter community wasn't split 50-50 that he was going to die. As I remember it was more like 90-10 that he was going to live.

Again, it was all just overhyped.

I thought this book was great. I had accidentally seen several false "Spoilers" such as Bellatrix Kills Ron or Voldemort Kills Hermione. So I was prepared for the worst, but I was SO happy when none of these actually happened, and glad that I hadn't seen any REAL spoilers.

On the topic of the book, however, I thought it was an amazing read. While I don't think Rowling is the best writer in the world, her imagination and creativity is unmatched. Everything in this book was connected and worked - having just finished the other 5 books, I appreciated this one even more, it just finished the series so perfectly.

The Deathly Hallows were extremely important because they showed that Dumbledore could have had another way of obtaining immortality, but he chose not to. It tempted him, but he never completed it. This was another insight into the differences between the two great wizards, Voldemort and Dumbledore. Also, the elder wand was important. It explained the invisibility cloak importance. And it brought his dead friends back at the end to help him. It also showed Harry's resistance to the Deathly Hallows and the resistance to his own temptations to revisit his past.

The deaths that occurred were very sad, especially Dobby's I thought, but in the end you have to realize this was suppose to be a "war". It's not a war if all of the good guys run around happily and conquer the bad guys with no deaths. And naturally, some of these deaths were bound to be people Harry cared about.

Lastly, I was glad Voldemort's death wasn't anything spectacular. It showed that his own genius backfired on him; it proved Dumbledore's theory correct; that love would be his greatest downfall. If Harry had been forced to use the killing curse, his soul would have been ripped open (or so JK Rowling says). Therefore, I thought it was extremely satisfying to see Voldemort die from his own mistakes and his own hatred.

I can understand that some people might have been unhappy with the book, but I loved it, even more than the 3rd one. Perfectly written, and such a satisfying end to an amazing series (that really needed a lot of answers)

Back
Top Bottom