Winamp

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
THis has got to be the best little program I have ever used for audio playback. Get this...did you know that Winamp can also play videos too??!?! It plays all my movies without a problem. Best thing of all, it doesn't nearly use as much resources as Windows Media Player!!!! Everytime I use Media Player, my Performance Monitor CPU always spikes through the roof. With Winamp, not at all. Plus, there are a lot of sound plugins, flexible controls, etc.

On average audio, I'm using only 10% of the CPU Process. With movies, typical CPU usage are around 38-45%. Much less than WMP.

im not a fan of winamp myself but thanks for the info.

i just think WMP 11 is too pretty to abandon now lol i guess its coz i have used it ever since i had a computer now the old WMP looked horrible but this new 1 is nice.

also if you have alot of songs / mp3's try using itunes i hate the ipods myself but i have to admit itunes is great.

I've used iTunes before and had problems with it. Well, it would play fine but here's the strange effect. Everyting I would double click on an song, Media Player would open up first to play it. Then iTunes would open up too 30 seconds later. During all that process, my CPU is working itself to death at 100% slowing down my system. So I got rid of iTunes and everything is working fine.

I'm pretty use to Windows Media Player and they've gone through a lot of improvements. Just uses so much system resource to run it. Winamp is all new to me so it takes time to get use to. Everything looks so cluttered with Winamp so it's confusing a bit.

I use Winamp for music now.
I did use Windows Media player, but I got a bit frustrated with it since it started to not play videos correctly, and found Winamp to be nice and tranquil, with it being able to pop up at the top of the screen rather nicely with the skin I added.

I love how it has sound plugins, so I can play all my audio files unrelated to usual audio, like computer MODS, and all that. Amazing :)

It does have the random time where it crashes and sends the PC down usually with it, but that is very rare.

Back
Top Bottom