AIM Help

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I have someone that is using my name as a screen name and spreading untrue things about me. I have no clue who it is, how do I find out 1. Who it is and 2. How do i delete the account. Thanks a lot!

no it is not my account, I have an aim account that doesn't have my real name in it. This person uses my real name as the screen name

beat his a$$ idk what you can do about that but that is slandering your name and if he is prtending to be you with intent to do damage thats aginst the law if someone could print you out a convo i would take it to the police.

Well, contact AIM and ask them to give up his IP address. They are legally bound if he is in fact using your name. If they give it up, the cops will be on his butt. If they do not, ask for a court order. If he is using your exact name, it is slandering and very illegal. It also qualifies as fraud.

yeah if he indeed is impersonating you...but you better make sure 100 percent certain that thats what he is doing you don't want to be caught up in something that isn't true you could get in trouble by taking legal action and come an find out the dude wasn't even pretending to be you...i mean what all has he done.....because you are allowed to have any name you want on aim as long as it isn't taken.

no his screename is myname12 or something like that and he came to me (and said hey my name is "my name" and started using expletives, Like hey you %*&#@! this is "my name")

wow, i would contact aim and like thelis said get the ip adress and get the cops involved and they will be able to track him and next thing you know the person will be behind bars for a very very long time.

Back
Top Bottom