Monitors not turning off

PuNkY

In Runtime
I leave my computer on basically 24/7, so I like to have my monitors turn off automatically. I have my screen saver set to turn on after 10 minutes and turn off my monitors after 20minutes.

Just recently my monitors wont turn off. The screen saver stays on. I tried everything, and its getting on my nerves. :mad: I'm about to reformat cause I'm getting so many problems since the last format.

Anyways, anyone know a fix :confused:

what are the chances you have an ATI card and an acer monitor ?

its just i have heard a few problems with them not using power save properly.

have u tried updating to the most recent drivers on your video card and your monitor .. most monitors dont need drivers as they are plug and play but you can probably find the drivers on the net for it or u may have the disk ..

worth a shot

p.s check your processes for anything different that wasnt running befor your montior stopped turning off there maybe something active running in the background that will not let it turn off

edit : try this aswell turn your screensaver off and turn your monitor to turn off after 3 mins if it does so then your screensave maybe be keeping the comp active.

Edit : Edit : lol also have u changed your keyboard / mouse or any other usb device ? since u noticed the change ?

lol Thanks for the reply. I tried/looked at everything you mentioned and no fix. I just got so fedup that I did a reformat (I needed one anyway). Now it works fine.

Thanks for your highly edited post:D

Back
Top Bottom