the rain!!

I think a lot of people will be. Initially, settlements were built close to water, so there's a rule of thumb here that says many people will be.

atleast my house is ok. many businesses are/will be ruined in town. its a real shame

Although this is an extreme case of rain and weather, I think it's about time some engineering got done about it. I don't blame the goverment one bit - because this is extreme and unheard off before. But after the last floods, and weather warnings I haven't heard of any flood barriers (tempory ones or permement) that have been breached. Is this because there is none in place?

Also, I'd like to think that the Goverment has took note of what the future holds for the UK and for England inparticularly, because if Global warming is the cause and the simulations are correct, a lot of it is due to permamently go under. The Germans have engineered the banks of the river Rhine and have controlled its flooding for decades, all that the UK goverment has to do is impliment it on a bigger scale - Yet I've heard no talk of any solution.

waterlevelMap02.jpg

OK, this image may or may not happen, but what IS happening is global warming and loads of flooding. So, you can say with reasonable certianty that the large areas under the blue are going to start flooding more and more regularly.

It's not only a disaster for the locals and people directly involved, but the long term effect of this happening year on year will severly damage the economy and have a knock on effect to the rest of the UK.

wont happen for a couple hundred years

just been watching the news. my towns never been so popular.
its really bad. anyone been watching it?

It's been rainy here for the past few days, probably because the rain likes ruining the salmon festival. (not that I wanted to see Alexisonfire or Good Charlotte) As for right now, it's (kinda) sunny... and it'll probably rain again tonight.

when you say rain you probs mean just a little drop. i dont usually care about stuff like this but it seems as if im the only one that can see how bad it is, no one seems to care that much. this is a disaster imo. im like 5 mins away from the really bad floods so im real lucky, i cant imagine how the people involved are feeling.

when you say rain you probs mean just a little drop. i dont usually care about stuff like this but it seems as if im the only one that can see how bad it is, no one seems to care that much. this is a disaster imo. im like 5 mins away from the really bad floods so im real lucky, i cant imagine how the people involved are feeling.
I care, you know that by all my replies to you, this morning live, John Stapleton of ITV was flying over Evesham, & was saying that it was probably the worst place in that area, I understand your plight if no one else does, we've had our differences, but this is different.

yea^ i do appreciate all the replies
its going to get worse apparently. the river severn and the thames might over flow + its raining again now. its not looking good.
its going to be weeks before things get back to normal :(

I thought you lived in evesham Dude_se i was watching the news the other night and they shown the flooding all around the UK . I have been away on holiday since friday . Went to north wales . The journey there was terrible .Even though we went by motorway the max we ever reached was 50-60 as the rain was so bad and so visibility was realy bad so my dad didnt wanna push it too much .so it took maybe 2 hours longer than expected .Then saturday morning it looked very clear but it started raining later . Than sunday it did the same then today it was ok . It started raining lightly but nevertheless we got back pretty quickly as we got some pretty quiet patches of motorway so we managed 70-80 and the traffic only started as we got say 10miles out from manchester .There is no flooding in manchester but i hope everyone else stays safe during the floods

Back
Top Bottom