New Intel Benches

Our road's meter clocks are all broken at the moment, so all our eleccy is free for a good few weeks, all servers are on full pelt at the moment, normally to run them all it's about £40 a month, but it's free
Great, I shouldn't be saying this but.....turn everything up high, get your mum to do loads of cooking & have steaming hot baths several times a day, go for it while you can!!!, yeah!

LOL, look at the sig. I've had more than 1.333GHz FSB for a while though. :D

And I put money on it all C2D will be able to run at the 1.333GHz FSB. It's what they do. 9 times out of 10, when a whole family of CPU's (Like the C2D in this case) are so overclockable, the Chips are more or less the exact same chip, capable of performing to the exact same level. Only thing is, they lock them to cater for the demand of each market (Low performance/high value all the way through to the top dog CPU), hence making the optimal ammount of profit.

Might upgrade for the SEE4 instruction set thought and the 4MB cache.

offtopic.gif
Um, I think we've got away from the subject, & yes, I've been one of the culprits so let's get back in line OK?

How much can you get a core 2 duo E4300 for? Then show me a AMD CPU, overclocked or not, that'll outperform a 3.25GHz C2D across the board.

Agreed. There is pretty much no comparison. If you compare the E4300 and an AMD CPU that is supposed to be it's counterpart, even then the E4300 would be superior.

Back
Top Bottom