DVD codec

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
Any good free ones out there? I've tried a few but they don't seem to work. Makes me mad, you buy a $1200 computer with a $90 operating system with tons of multimedia features, yet they can't throw in a lousy DVD player. It's not like it's new technology or anything. I'm on XP home by the way.

if you are struggling to play videos/dvd's then download "vlc player". its free and will play pretty much any file type

I'll try that, but I was mostly looking for something for WMP since I use it for pretty much everything else. Thanks though, I'll look into it.

vlc can change the screen size/resolution so you can make videos totally full size. its great. i use wmp for songs and this for videos. it loads quick. its simple and can do everything

yh i have k-lite codec pack for WMP but most of the time i use vlc coz all the films are in widescreen so u set the ratio to 4:3 and they might look a bit stretched but viewing is better

if u really wonna use WMP then get k -lite codec pack

alos WTF is up wiv widescreen films u buy a widescreen tele u buy a widescreen dvd u lose height on the tele and lose height on the dvd WTF is the point in widescreen lol

With widescreen TV's usually there's a button to set the aspect ratio, mine has 4 settings I believe, and #4 is blown up so that the sides fit perfectly and it cuts off the letterboxes on top and bottom.

Thanks for the assistance, guys.

Back
Top Bottom