the rain!!

ohh lol. the R.A.F have been doing some, then theres the police, fire brigade. not sure who else.

within 4-5 hours of a disastir like this where i live there could be several hundered troops from the National Gaurd and Coast Guard to perform SAR operations. thats pretty much the only thing the US does though. and of course FEMA sucks. most people FEMA hired to help Katrina victims havent gotten paid yet :eek:

well at work today (supermarket) all the shelves were bare. people were panicing to buy food. was soo busy.
as for my town its real bad and the midlands (where i am) is like the worst affected. bridges have fallen, houses have been abandoned, etc..
heres some new pics
I'm at a loss for words [that's a change!] even the dead aren't safe & the lovely half-timbered buildings inundated.

And they showed us on TV the bridge that the caravan hit & said that it's thought that it might collapse, how are you [& your family] coping for god's sake??

well tbh we are fine. we are like a few minutes drive from the town so our house isnt flooded at all and my dads business was fine in the end. its just we cant get into town as the police are turning people away, a bridge has collapsed in pershore aswell. lots of bad things are happening. we are fairly luckily, especially since a delivery of food is coming to the super market tomorrow so we dont need to panic just yet. although more rain is forecast :(

well tbh we are fine. we are like a few minutes drive from the town so our house isnt flooded at all and my dads business was fine in the end. its just we cant get into town as the police are turning people away, a bridge has collapsed in pershore aswell. lots of bad things are happening. we are fairly luckily, especially since a delivery of food is coming to the super market tomorrow so we dont need to panic just yet. although more rain is forecast :(
Oh, so that Pershore bridge did collapse after all, awww, I've strolled across that with a girl,...it was the uniform, gets 'em every time!!!
Glad you're all OK & your home etc.

lol, yea.
i think my mum has it worse. theres only one way left for her to get into town thats not flooded (or it may be flooded now). she lives about 10 mins away and theres a lot of floods down there, well theres floods everywhere. i just need to stay put and hope it dies down

damn. apparently in 2 big towns and one big city they are cutting off the water for 3 days, so all the people rushed to buy some from the supermarket, its not looking good :eek: ... luckily even though i still have water here

Although this is an extreme case of rain and weather, I think it's about time some engineering got done about it. I don't blame the goverment one bit - because this is extreme and unheard off before. But after the last floods, and weather warnings I haven't heard of any flood barriers (tempory ones or permement) that have been breached. Is this because there is none in place?

Also, I'd like to think that the Goverment has took note of what the future holds for the UK and for England inparticularly, because if Global warming is the cause and the simulations are correct, a lot of it is due to permamently go under. The Germans have engineered the banks of the river Rhine and have controlled its flooding for decades, all that the UK goverment has to do is impliment it on a bigger scale - Yet I've heard no talk of any solution.

waterlevelMap02.jpg

OK, this image may or may not happen, but what IS happening is global warming and loads of flooding. So, you can say with reasonable certianty that the large areas under the blue are going to start flooding more and more regularly.

It's not only a disaster for the locals and people directly involved, but the long term effect of this happening year on year will severly damage the economy and have a knock on effect to the rest of the UK.

Back
Top Bottom