Crysis better not be for 360

I am not excited about Crysis as PC based shooters never excited me. I'm a console gamer and would be happy to give it a try if it came to PS3 but not 360 because the graphics hardware probably isn't powerful enough and a port from PC wouldn't look as good because there's currently no way for the 360 to support D3D10 and I think it never will. This I think is going to seriously limit the lifespan of the 360 and I do think because of this and reliability problems that Microsoft could end up throwing away their lead and letting Sony win the 2nd console generation in a row.

I am not excited about Crysis as PC based shooters never excited me. I'm a console gamer and would be happy to give it a try if it came to PS3 but not 360 because the graphics hardware probably isn't powerful enough and a port from PC wouldn't look as good because there's currently no way for the 360 to support D3D10 and I think it never will. This I think is going to seriously limit the lifespan of the 360 and I do think because of this and reliability problems that Microsoft could end up throwing away their lead and letting Sony win the 2nd console generation in a row.

The 360's hardware is definately capable. Gears of War didn't even use all of the Xbox 360's hardware to it's full use and it's still one of the prettiest games around.

As for the Xbox 360 not supporting DirectX 10, do keep in mind that the PS3 doesn't support DX10 either. Of course, that doesn't prevent Crytek from making a respectable port. Might have as much eye candy, but it'll still be a nice game.

I do have to agree with the reliability though. It's nice of Microsoft to make the warranty up to 3 years, but the hardware reliability is definately an occurring problem.

Hahah, letting Sony win another generation...still too early to tell. For all we know, the Wii could just sweep everyone else into the dustbin. :p

people....EA publishes the games, they don't make the code for them. Get your heads out of the sand and stop thinking that its EA's fault for everything since they are a huge company. It is Crytek making the game, Crytek making the patches, Crytek has control over it. It was NOT EA that screwed up BF2. It was Dice. Dice Sweden was in charge of the v1.0 game. Dice Canada was the one who made the patches. Get it straight.

ownage is rite.

anywho...i dont really get hyped up about upcoming fps games because to me, they are all basically the same. graphics can be different and storyline but gameplay is usually the same point and shoot kind of thing. innovation like slow-mo and stuff are pretty cool but still most fps games have the same gameplay.

people....EA publishes the games, they don't make the code for them. Get your heads out of the sand and stop thinking that its EA's fault for everything since they are a huge company. It is Crytek making the game, Crytek making the patches, Crytek has control over it. It was NOT EA that screwed up BF2. It was Dice. Dice Sweden was in charge of the v1.0 game. Dice Canada was the one who made the patches. Get it straight.

Yes, but as publisher EA does have control over which platforms to make the games for. But, yes Crytek does make the game itself.

how come no one likes EA anymore? they still make good games. im always confused why people say EA overprices there games, there same as all the other games when they first come out but after that they are cheaper IMO

Back
Top Bottom