Overclocking an old 300MHz Celeron...?

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
I want to try out overclocking, and have a bunch of older P2/Celeron boards and a bunch of P2 and Celeron processors. I don't want to try it on anything newer because it's not a big deal if I fry these older boards/processors.

How do you overclock...? Do you do it in the BIOS, or in Windows using a program? I got about 5 mobos, so chances are at least 1 will support OCing. I'm just bored and want to try out something new with computers.

Thanks for any help.

the only motherboards that dont support OCing are ones that came with a pre built computer and all intel boards

just go into the bios and try to find the FSB setting and raise it. put some ice around the cpu to keep to cool if you have to cause you want to go all out :D

if none of your motherboards support OCing in the bios then i doubt you will be able to do it in windows because your motheboards are so old.

What do I look under in the BIOS? I know just about nothing about OCing... Some of the boards are Intel, others are random brand names, can't remember them all.

probably frequnecy control, clocks, might be under advanced chipset featuers i dunno depends on the board.

just look around there isnt that many places you can go in a BIOS

Back
Top Bottom