£45,000 from Ebay

yep :) the animal sanctuary and cadets would be glad of it too.. as well as the park association at my grans village.. plus the new car id get too.. though most of the money would prolly go on insurance.. they like taking the piss with young drivers..

£45,000 turns up at my door, and it may go missing all of a sudden, unconvincingly followed by the appearance of the Ultimate gaming rig and a loft conversion, to house my new 57 inch television and games consoles, then i'd put the rest in a laptop case and sell it on eBay, so KARMA can't tell me off!!

EDIT; 39 posts & you only joined today, whoah there!, although I 'spect that's the first flush, I've been here over two years & my average is under ten a day, but that's low, normally it's around twenty I believe, anyway, enjoy!:)

Brookfield

£45,000 turns up at my door, and it may go missing all of a sudden, unconvincingly followed by the appearance of the Ultimate gaming rig and a loft conversion, to house my new 57 inch television and games consoles, then i'd put the rest in a laptop case and sell it on eBay, so KARMA can't tell me off!!
I dont think so,lol, see my earlier posts on this, anyway welcome to CF Tom
coolgleam.gif

As I said earlier ebay must have reported that to the police who then had to contact the boy & confiscate the money, & if his family had refused, they could have been up in court as the boy's legal guardians, I saw very similar cases when I worked for solicitors where the parent/parents received a heavy fine & the money was confiscated, so think on if it ever happens to you.

It was actually the boys parents who contacted the police, they are obviously good honest people, I like to think I am as well but in that case the temptation of 45000 would defiantly broke me

I only caught this very briefly this morning on BBC TV, apparently a boy sent off for a PS3 from Ebay, but when he opened the package there was no console, but there was £45,000 in cash, he's been told that if nobody claims it, it's his.

Now watch it turn out to be counterfeit money, that would suck big time.. j/k

Nah, that's awsome...Now there will be some more people wanting 360's to see if there will be $$$ in the box... j/k

£45000 is a lot of money really, if I'd got it I would have handed it over straight away. I like having money but it doesn't feel right if it's dirty money.

£45000 is a lot of money really, if I'd got it I would have handed it over straight away. I like having money but it doesn't feel right if it's dirty money.
Good attitude, some here might not agree with you, here's your first CF reputation point.

dude if 45 grand comes through my letter box i am on the next plane to a nice country like australia . Police will never find you . Or by the time they do it will be gone .

My friend's older sister got 10k put in her bank . She phoned the bank about 10 times and they did nothing so she went and spent about a grand of it then next day she got a letter from the bank saying she had spent some money that wasnt rightfully hers . SHe agreed to pay it back in £5 installments every month cos she claimed she couldnt afford anymore with her being at uni

I had the same thing happen to me once. At the time I was 17 and worked at the same company my dad did. Well we had direct deposit so the money just went direct to are bank accounts. Somehow they mixed up his account with mine and I got a bunch of paychecks that were his and he got nothing. Needless to say I pulled a pretty penny out of the ATM on a few occasions. It was actually really weird I'd withdrawl my max limit for the day then the next day there would be more money in the account! This happened like 4 days in a row!

I then decided to go on a road trip with some friends. I got about 200miles into my trip and my dad called me asking if there was any extra money in my account. The jig was up I had to pay back everything extra that was in the account. Thankfully I had it just covered at the time. I had only spent a small portion of it because I figured that would happen.

Back
Top Bottom