New Here :D

LastMaster

Baseband Member
Sup people, im new to your boards, and im here to ask questions and learn stuff... well more than what i already know :D

Anyways.. My siggy contains the compys i currently own.. Ive been looking into building a custom compy for me, but money doesnt really like me, and its been hard to come buy lately. So for now, im working with what i got, and learning from what i can afford... :D

As for one question i have..

I bought a Ultra HDD Enclosure off TigerDirect.com...

The product is excellent, But im having trouble with 2 drives...
1 came in the 20 dollar compy i bought... that one worked just fine under Cable Select, the other one is from another compy that i got.. and it wont pick up as CS, or Slave...
And last but not least, i have a 40Gig Hdd from the FFXI ps2 package. I took off the rails, but the drive was unallocated, I want to allocate it but..
Since ive never done it i dont know to do it as Primary or Extended partion...

Anywas Hellow Agian and yea.. :eek:

Yes, primary.

Young Grasshoper, your google-fu is weak.:p

I saw the video that was on the page for the ultra enclosure, and they said that when its all unallocated you assign it as extended portion if you dont have to run a o/s on it. And since i dont, its all extra space...

Its an extended partion.:cool:

Then all you doo is Quick format the little sucker and bam.. your done.

Young Grasshoper, your google-fu is weak.:p

I saw the video that was on the page for the ultra enclosure, and they said that when its all unallocated you assign it as extended portion if you dont have to run a o/s on it. And since i dont, its all extra space...

Its an extended partion.:cool:

Then all you doo is Quick format the little sucker and bam.. your done.

dosent matter the same thing would have happend if was a primary:)

Back
Top Bottom