new PC Build

That has got to be the worst suggestion I have seen on this forum for as long as I have been here. A 500W powersupply is more than enough. Something along the lines of Antec NeoPower 500HE is plenty and it has the build quality of a great power supply. Antec really did learn their lesson with those SmartPowers.

Well, its on a budget and his parents are going to use it, so its not going to be for any extreme purpose,s and besides i was thinking either the P4 HT/core 2 duo

Well, its on a budget and his parents are going to use it, so its not going to be for any extreme purpose,s and besides i was thinking either the P4 HT/core 2 duo

That amd is better than the pentium 4HT . and i doubt you could get a core 2 duo on that budget tbh

I'd bump the AMD X2 to a 4600+ and bump the RAM speed to DDRII-800.

That has got to be the worst suggestion I have seen on this forum for as long as I have been here.
Amen!

If he's on a tight budet, a Pentium D would have been better. P4s are now too old for getting one. I have found a P4 630 for 90 bucks, brand new and Retail.

No, they're not BAD, just outdsated, compared to today's stuff.

Insted Athlon I would use Inter Dual core.

Its faster than Athlon and its consuming less energy.

I had AMD in the past but I just love Intel.

The speed, temperature, just amazing

Insted Athlon I would use Inter Dual core.

Its faster than Athlon and its consuming less energy.

for petes sake
ITS NOT GOING TO BE USED FOR HARD CORE GAMING!

U ppl say go Intel when U Use intel for hard core gaming
Sure Intel is great but come on
Everyone KNOWS AMD has the better budget CPUs

Look have u seen that even though Intel have 65nm CPUs out
But it doesnt really mean that it uses less energy

heres some links u should look at fer a while

The price is set to $50-$75 and i DONT SEE ONE INTEL DUAL CORE EXCEPT A OPEN BOX PENT D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...343+1389627502+4026+1302820275&name=Dual-Core
Here is the voltage on a few different CPUs both Intel and AMD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2E16819115016,N82E16819115013,N82E16819115004
There is not much of a difference when it comes to power consumption.
And one last thing : here is something that AMD has that conserves Energy
CNQ: Cool'n'Quiet Technology
AMD's Cool'n'Quiet technology is an innovative solution available on AMD Athlon 64 processor-based systems that can effectively lower power consumption and enable a quieter-running system while delivering performance-on-demand.
It also has AMD POWER NOW
"In 2000, AMD introduced several energy-efficient solutions, including the AMD PowerNow!â„¢ technology and the AMD-760â„¢ microprocessor chipset."

Also its the good of competition that Intel CPUs are cheap so plz thank AMD

Sorry fer getting off topic

But Plz chose the best CPU for the needs u need it for.

i agree when it comes to budget amd are winning . and seeing as this is a cheap pc for parents i would sasy go amd . if he went intel he would only get a pentium 4 .
Also NEED WOW NOW . one thing it isnt voltage we measure power consumption on it is wattage

if your planning to game than it may make that little bit difference . If you arent tho then dont bother upping the ram to 800

Back
Top Bottom