vista OEM move to another computer?

mikee

Fully Optimized
I am going to be building a new system this summer and I was wondering if I could use the vista license from this computer on the new one. will that work?

i have been told by many that is will but you will probably have to call Microsoft and tell then that you had a virus and had to reformat. do not mention that it is on a new mb, and the will activate it for you

so they will give me a new key if i tell them I have a virus??
Can ms tell from their end that it is being installed on a new system?

it is not new key they just activate the key you have. like when you do it yourself on the pc. i have not tried it but ive had many many people on here say it works just fine. and no all they look at is the key unless they hacked your pc i do not think they no what kind of board it is on

there should be a way to deactiavate a key so you can use it on another computer but not 2 at the same time.

you could always get vista lite...

i did not notice it was going to be on two computers...i do not think that will work. vista lite is the way to go

i did not notice it was going to be on two computers...i do not think that will work. vista lite is the way to go

isnt vista lite stripped way down though?

i have been told by many that is will but you will probably have to call Microsoft and tell then that you had a virus and had to reformat. do not mention that it is on a new mb, and the will activate it for you

will I have to call ms everytime i want to reinstall or will they give me a perminant new key or somethin?

Vista Lite is illegal and is missing lots of features.

You only have to call Microsoft after you try to activate it I think 3 times...

yes it is illegal...but what isn't these days...well we can not talk about that....vista light is very striped down but to be honist i don't think you will reall miss what was taken out....

Back
Top Bottom