How Do i trust this? (CPU HSF)

Besides that even, the Arctic Cooling is half the price. Just for future reference, copper cools better than aluminum (conducts heat better).

the arctic cooler has copper heatpipes and a copper base. also i dont know if newegg has fixed it yet but they are 4 pin instead of 3

its a motherboard. the extra wire is a pwm contorl to slow the fan down when the temptures are low so its quetier

I have the 9700 and its a great HSF. Very comparable to the Thermalright Ultra 120 if you read some reviews you will see they are very close together. I wrote this a while back it was a review and instal tips on the 9700. Average temp drops after AC5 got settled in are around 13C drop. If you buy it I do recommend you take off the fan when installing it makes it much easier.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=52510&highlight=zalman+9700

Heres a couple of shots when I was installing it on my board just to give you a idea of the size. Freestyle is right after the brackets in place it has no problem being supported.

ZalmanBracketinstalled.jpg

ZalmanFanInstalled.jpg

ZalmanNBclearenceshot.jpg

The Zalman 9700 is nowhere near the Thermalright Ultra-120. The Thermalright Ultra-120 is the best HSF on the market right now.

Back
Top Bottom