£45,000 from Ebay

The sheer fact that the boy said something and is now exposed, is a problem.
I wouldn't have said anything to the public, and just have kept the money.

See post 34

I have to admit, I would keep the money. Thats just life, if someone is that careless with that amount of money, then more fool them ;)

I have to admit, I would keep the money. Thats just life, if someone is that careless with that amount of money, then more fool them ;)
As I said earlier ebay must have reported that to the police who then had to contact the boy & confiscate the money, & if his family had refused, they could have been up in court as the boy's legal guardians, I saw very similar cases when I worked for solicitors where the parent/parents received a heavy fine & the money was confiscated, so think on if it ever happens to you.

Lol, £45 grand turns up through my letterbox i'll deny ever getting it :D

dude if 45 grand comes through my letter box i am on the next plane to a nice country like australia . Police will never find you . Or by the time they do it will be gone .

My friend's older sister got 10k put in her bank . She phoned the bank about 10 times and they did nothing so she went and spent about a grand of it then next day she got a letter from the bank saying she had spent some money that wasnt rightfully hers . SHe agreed to pay it back in £5 installments every month cos she claimed she couldnt afford anymore with her being at uni

dude if 45 grand comes through my letter box i am on the next plane to a nice country like australia . Police will never find you . Or by the time they do it will be gone .
Yes they would, they have strong links with the Oz police & would get you deported back to your country where you would have been met at the airport & re-arrested by your police & placed in custody awaiting a hearing, I've been in the police, if you had "got rid of it" you'd have most likely faced a prison sentence.

I'd be on the next flight to somewhere too :p Sipping expensive champaigne!!!

No you wouldn't, see post 38

Brookfield

I see where the law ties into this, and I suppose the boy did the right thing.
I don't consider the money being lost, since the money clearly had some strange purpose of being put into a Playstation 3 box, which was then shipped off.

I've walked into a restaurant once, where I found easily 500+ USD rolled into a bundle on the floor. I turned the money in, although I think I saw the waitresses splitting it up later as a 'bonus tip'.

Back
Top Bottom