After many visits to many sites, and with alot of help from you guys...

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
I've settled on THIS LAPTOP, i'll mainly be using it for homework, MSN, surfing the web and such but was considering a lean into some light gaming.

My question is will THIS LAPTOP be able to run the following,

Guild wars - Yes well/ Yes average/ Yes slow/ Not at all
CS:S - Yes well/ Yes average/ Yes slow/ Not at all
WoW - Yes well/ Yes average/ Yes slow/ Not at all

Please get back to me soon,
Tom

id say average to slow on all of them expect guild wars im unfammilar with it. i would try to find a lappy with a better GFX

To be honest, I'm not sure. GW requires a 3D video card, and doesn't like to install on some ON-board video. If you could find a laptop like that with on-board ATI or Nvidia video you should be in the average-high performance.

Thanks alot guys, especially to celegorm for =
"To be honest, I'm not sure. GW requires a 3D video card, and doesn't like to install on some ON-board video. If you could find a laptop like that with on-board ATI or Nvidia video you should be in the average-high performance."

That's what helped me know wat to look for. Thanks to everyone.

"__________________
Another question: Will it blend? ~ Thelis

By reading this sig, you agree to send me $100. PM me for billing information."

Cheques in the mail, lol

Thanks again,
Tom

I agree that the Intel GMA950 is not very good, you would be much better finding another machine which has dedicated memory like a proper nVidia or ATi chip because the 950 is very low end and some games won't run properly or at all. CS Source is well optimised and will run well on many systems but I am not so sure about Guild Wars or World of Warcraft.

That said I thought my laptop would have serious problems but runs a lot of games a lot better than I would have ever expected. If your getting Vista make sure you turn the sidebar off because that causes some slowdown and uses lots of RAM as well.

Back
Top Bottom