My computer shuts down everytime I put in my Wireless internet adapter

sostenes2

Beta member
I have had a wireless internet adapter (usb) in my computer to share the internet conection in my home for over 6 months and all of a sudden now my computer shuts off evrytime I have it conected to the computer. If I start the computer with the device attached it keeps rebooting. If I take the device off of the computer and start it up, it starts up O.K., if I have started the computer and everything works fine as soon as I insert the adapter in the USB port the computer shuts down. I already got a new device and still the same thing. Any advice??

I really do not know , I only know that both the USB port in the front and the in the back of the CPU both act the same way. I know that both of them are on a diferente card. I hope this helps.

THANKS

I already reinstalled the drivers and it worked for a couple of hours.

And now it is turning off again.

Um it might not be recognizing the hardware. Does it turn off right away? Or is there an error message?

Sounds like a driver conflicting, have you got the latest drivers for the adapter? What brand is it?, have you installed any new hardware recently that might be conflicting with the adapter, Have you tried the adapter on another computer?.

I got the latest drivers and it doesn't do it for about 1 hour.

It doesn't give any error messages it just starts shutting down right after all the icons appear. The wireless adapter is a sysco systems adaptor.

Back
Top Bottom