Are PS2 Controllers compatible with PS1?

Thelis

Golden Master
Well, are PS2 controllers compatible with PS1? If they are then I can use the wireless PS2 controllers with the PS1 right? I am considering buying some wireless controllers but I won't if they don't working with PS1.

I'm pretty sure you can. IDK if the analog buttons will work but everything else on it should.

since PS1 controllers work with the PS2 im sure they work both ways

EDIT: its probably cheaper buying a used PS2 than a couple of wireless controllers :D

Find me a used PS2 for under 50, and I will buy it instead. I dare you to.

Find me a used PS2 for under 50, and I will buy it instead. I dare you to.

fine you win but why waste 50$ on such old technology. you can buy them at 80-100$ when there scratched or missing the expansion cover which is no biggy.

your only 30-50$ short of a PS2. but you can always use the wireless controllers for a ps2 when you do get one if you do...

The cheapest way to get a crazy amount of good games is find a cheap PS2 or Xbox somewhere, buy a $20 mod chip, throw in an old hard drive lying around, and with torrents you've got access to literally hundreds of games.
/rant

Lol, anyway I think it should work. Quoted from some random site:
Can I use PS2 controllers to play PSX games?
--------------------------------------------
Absolutely. Some PSX games won't register the DS2's analog buttons if
they're pressed too lightly, but otherwise the DS2 works perfectly.
DS standing for DualShock.

nope it doesnt work i have both systems. the ps1 is not forward compatible, but mabye if you mod it it probably could i dont know about that.

I'll tell you one thing: Official Sony Playstation 2 Dual Shock controllers WILL work on the original Playstation. It's been tried and true, and from personal experience I tell you: it works.

On another note, why would you waste money on a wireless controller for an old system like that? The PS2 is a good investment.

Back
Top Bottom