Need help upgrading my BIOS...

Ownage, what is the tool he's using? I might be interested to buy one if possible at a shop for BIOS recovery.

I'm not sure actually, I'll ask him when he gets back from work. He uses it at his work.

Ownage, what is the tool he's using? I might be interested to buy one if possible at a shop for BIOS recovery.

remeber when BIOS's were just IC's...those were easy to take out and "hot flash"...too bad i never found the correct flash for my anicent asus :)

Does anyone have any information on that update utility that I asked about? That would seem to be a necessary element.

Going to HP's site and looking for the BIOS update would be the best thing. You'd need to download BartPE first. It will run a Windows live mode, just for diagnostics and repair.
Lhuser, so i asked my dad and he said its one of these: http://www.dataio.com/products/default.asp#engineering
I'm not sure which one but thats the company he says that they use. I can tell that they probably aren't cheap.
They aren't cheap, but surely helpful. Only, if it fails to flash, you know the chip is done.

Back
Top Bottom