Buying a new computer

The Frozen One

Beta member
I am buying a basic gaming computer for about $400 US and wanted to see if it was good value. It does not include an operating system. The specifications are:
AMD DualCore X2 3600+
1Gb DDR2 RAM
256MB ATI 1650 Pro Card
160Gb SATAII HDD
18x Dual layer DVD-RW
8 Channel HD audio
10/100 Lan
Generic Case 4x USB 2.0 Ports
No Monitior

i voted yes because its got DX10 the new gaming platform and it looks great. however ur obviously not going to be playing DX10 games so maybe it will be best to go for XP which is also a great program and not so much of a memory hog..

Well if you are going to be using direct X 10 then it makes sense to go with it but if you arent gonna be playing direct x 10 games for a while to come say like a year or so i say stay with windows xp for now

Well, personally, no. The reason being that there's still a couple of fixes to be done and price could drop a bit lower. Then, I would say yes.

Yeah, wait for about a year or so, upgrade your hardware and get Vista. Vista is pretty tough on computers, and it is advisable to have 2 gigs of RAM if you want to also game on it. Get XP, use it for moderate gaming with that rig, then get Vista when you upgrade.

its not a bad OS once u get used to it but for the price of it its still not good value

O wait wait wait in your poll u ask is vista good value in the post u ask if the comp is good value ?

which is it

Back
Top Bottom