My new heatsink is awesome

I was asking around in general computer/hardware about my CPU temperatures cos it was like 60 degrees, and I got told I should buy a Zalman CNPS 9500 LED and some Arctic Silver 5. They came today, and a after a fair bit of screwing around and taking the motherboard out, I got it installed. With the old heatsink I was idling at 60 degrees, and now even on the 9500's silent mode, i'm sitting on about 28 degrees. This heatsink seriously rocks. :)

Great news. What CPU do you have anyway?

I was asking around in general computer/hardware about my CPU temperatures cos it was like 60 degrees, and I got told I should buy a Zalman CNPS 9500 LED and some Arctic Silver 5. They came today, and a after a fair bit of screwing around and taking the motherboard out, I got it installed. With the old heatsink I was idling at 60 degrees, and now even on the 9500's silent mode, i'm sitting on about 28 degrees. This heatsink seriously rocks. :)

omg...david just like posted 9 times in a row! I think thats the record so far. haha. Probably a server error. I want to see temps under load :)

omg...david just like posted 9 times in a row! I think thats the record so far. haha. Probably a server error. I want to see temps under load :)

It's actually 10 times, lol.

I wish I could afford a Zalman, even if I could though, it probably wouldn't fit in the system I need it in.

That's funny how David has 10 posts in a row. It's ironic proof that something needs to be done about the database/server.

As for the Zalman, I'd like to see temperature under load. :)

I was looking to buy a heatsink a few months backs and I wanted a Zalman but couldn't afford it. I eventually bought this for about 15 bucks on eBay and it works amazingly.

Jesusfrk611, this may sound weird, but if you want to cool your system down, take off a side wall, put a fan there and just blow air into the case. It will cool EVERYTHING in there down.

Eh, for whatever reason, it didn't post before..
I'm glad to see you enjoy your new heatsink.. ;-) Its amazing how such little things can make some of us so happy.. hehe.

And in other news, its glad to be back with CF.

Back
Top Bottom