Test time

theres more than one test centre in the us, just do a check on pearson vue and prometrics websites if your looking for a centre near you.

Good luck with the A+ mate, its not that hard, and if you have been studying it for a year then you should have no problems. Are you doing both exams today?

Yes I did. For those who don't know about it, the exams are like this. You need to take two exams. One is an essentials that all A+ certified people need to pass, the second is more of a specialization thing (you have three options here). You must pass both tests to get certified. The tests are weird on how they are scored. It's 100-900 points.

On the essentials, I got a 725, which is a pass.

On the IT Technician specilazation test, i got a 770 which is a

PASS! :D I would tell you how many points you need, but I'd hate to break one of the rules my first day. The tests are supposed to take 90 minutes each, with 30 total minutes of surveys and warm up stuff in addition to that. Because my test center allowed me to start the second test right after I finished the first, I got in and out in 1 hour and 45 minutes. Yes, I did review every question too.

Well hopefully he is out celebrating a pass.:)

Nah, I wish. Instead it was ten hours at work helping build part of a 98 computer order. between me and one other co-worker we assembly-lined 41 computers together, vista and all.

Thanks to everyone who wished me luck.

Nice to hear it went well. What sort of stuff can you do after you pass that test?

Get jobs as a technician a lot easier is pretty much the gist of it. However, even that makes it well worth the cost. Just knowing that That little piece of paper will help me get a job over someone who has the same amount of experience, but isn't certified is nice.

Back
Top Bottom