Criticise me!

Well, first of all I'd say you should integrate PayPal into your site. It's extremely unprofessional having them e-mail you, then telling them to send you the money via PayPal...etc.
The easiest way to do this is PayPal's "Website Payments Standard." You just add buttons to your site, and this sends them to PayPal to pay:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-standard-overview-outside

Another, more professional way to do it is the "Website Payments Pro." This lets you integrate the process into your site.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-pro-overview-outside

I'd recommend learning some PHP to make a form that users can fill out to submit their orders and shipping info. This is a great site:
http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

make the welcome blurb sound a little more professional. like you wrote "we really like building computers" make it sound more like, "Our business is passionate on building computers." or something along those lines.

Yeah, you need to be more professional if you really plan on being more sucecesful in your businesss. But overal you really have took some time to make a good site.

also i would make it so they can select parts from a drop down list

ya thats what i was thinkin, making it so they can select a computer, and the default parts would already be selected but if they wanted to say get another stick of ram, they just select that

thanks for the help guys, keep the criticism comin!

hey guys, i just started a website for my business, and am in need of some constructive critisism as to what you guys think would be better on the website and what i should change, keep w/e, remember the website is still under construction so if you see grammatical errors let me know so i can fix those.

thanks!
www.insanitechpc.com

For your entery level PC, i pay half compared to what your selling it.

I agree. And the starter PC with 1GB Ram, and a 3200+ 64? Shouldnt it be more like A Celeron, or a Sempron? and maby 512MB Ram. Same goe's for the Office PC. A Bit of an overkill IMO

Are you kidding? Office users are some of the most ram intensive users out their. Alot of our windows users easily go over 1GB memory in use. (Also think of how much background software is being ran too, AV, Spyware, usually a remote control agent, management agents, etc.)

ya 512 is kinda the old standard, 1gb is pretty much standard now and the office pc, haha ill agree is quite a monster... i might change it to single core, idk yet

thanks for the help guys, VERY much appriciated, and if anybody knows how to make like a shopping cart, and be able to make a way to do payments easier, please help me, im a noob at websites so i know no codes or anything

For your entery level PC, i pay half compared to what your selling it.

where and how, there's really no possible way you can get that for half

thanks for all the help guys, yea i know there's still little problems here and there, ill be fixing those within the next few days, im leaving tomorrow for a little vacation, after i get back im gonna hit it hard and i hope to get it done in a couple days, again thanks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom