Ubuntu & Vista HELP!!!

wee493

In Runtime
I have vista and Ubuntu installed on different hard drives. I want to remove Ubuntu and just have vista, but if i format the hard drive then i cant boot vista because Ubuntu still wants to boot!!!

Basically- I try to delete Ubuntu and the boot loader wont work, i have to reinstall Ubuntu to get vista to work. I have already tried to put the vista DVD in and try to fix problems occurring in the boot and it found nothing!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!:) :)

delete Ubuntu and boot from the vista CD. go into the recovery console and type in fixmbr. that will make it so it boots from the vista boot manager :D

I did not write the above message. What the heck? I was sleeping at 5:20 am. Can somebody look into this?

pm a mod or even david. thats just wierd.
anyway try going to the vista recovery console once ubuntu has gone and type ""BOOTCFG /Rebuild""

Yep, it will do the fix for the Vista boot manager.

Thelis, change passwords. I'll check for the rest.

Celegorm is already looking into it lhuser, but thank you very much for your help as well. I changed my password right after I saw that message.

Well, it's sort of a tad bit later. I've done the search and found the problem. A PM is awaiting him.

By "vista recovery console" do you mean use command prompt in the vista recovery DVD?

By "vista recovery console" do you mean use command prompt in the vista recovery DVD?

Yes. From personal experience, the "fixboot" and "fixmbr" does not exist in vista (or if it does, I haven't found it). the bootcfg command should help your problem.

Yeah, fixboot and fixmbr is not going to work for you. As celegorm said, the bootcfg command is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom