Dell is #1

@ Zaki Gold: False statement there bud. Dell and 1 should never be in the same sentence.

one thing i do like is there great policy on still offering xp on systems as this gives the customer more choice and they can make an informed choice bout vista as some people dont want it yet

As for the question well dpends on what you wanna buy from them
laptops-great i would buy one
desktops-i have never had problems with mine but it isnt very upgradeable so if you want a system that will last a while in terms of upgrades build your own . you also get 100% choice over what you get .UF you just want something to surf the web then there systems are good and reasonably priced
monitors-top class my old crt is still better than my friends lcd in terms of quality both picture and build quality

TBH the question could have been made better by saying in what product cos as i have just shown they can be good or bad depending on what products you look at .
ITS like the whole AMD VS INTEL thing . amd are better at budget but intel are better at high performance . so it realy depends what way you look at things and what your needs are . also dont start the amd intel in here i was just using an example guys

Dell has really nice mid-tower/monitor combos, you can get a dual core system with a 22" LCD for just 650 (Dell monitors kickass by the way). I think that's a really nice deal. Dell in some respects is number one. For the average user, it can be a good way to get started on a nice workstation PC, for the gamer, Dell can be a nightmare with the lack of expansion Dell gives to it's customers when it comes to upgrading their PC. It really is a difficult question to get accurate opinions on in a computer forum where most people can just as easily build their own PC, and on a forum where most people are real enthusiasts or gamers. Dell though did help champion the concept of providing computer solutions for many many households. Dell laptops are pretty nice, I own an Inspiron and a friend I know has an XPS with a 7900GTX in it, granted it's bulky, but it performs well. Though when it comes to laptops I usually lean toward HP or ASUS, Dell is still a good budget solution.

Dell has really nice mid-tower/monitor combos, you can get a dual core system with a 22" LCD for just 650 (Dell monitors kickass by the way). I think that's a really nice deal. Dell in some respects is number one. For the average user, it can be a good way to get started on a nice workstation PC, for the gamer, Dell can be a nightmare with the lack of expansion Dell gives to it's customers when it comes to upgrading their PC. It really is a difficult question to get accurate opinions on in a computer forum where most people can just as easily build their own PC, and on a forum where most people are real enthusiasts or gamers. Dell though did help champion the concept of providing computer solutions for many many households.
I agree with this for the most part. Dells are great for inexperienced users.

dell-hell-02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom