More forums needed??

Brookfield

Golden Master
Just lately a couple of members have asked if there could be more forums giving a wider variety of sub jects & whether the existing ones should be split, IMO it's OK as it is; here is a list of forums presently available;

Social lounge

General Software/Hardware

For Sale/Trade

Networking/DNS

Security/Hacking

Shared Hosting

Dedicated Hosting

Web Programming

Web Design

Web Reviews

Web Advanced Board

Gallery [several sections]

Processers

General Electrical

Games Forums

Then there are other areas;

Media

Reviews

Communications.

I make that fifteen forums, that's counting the gallery as one, whereas it has several sub-divisions.

This seems adequate to me, no doubt some have suggestions [clean & sensible]

I'm just showing you what we have, in case some aren't aware of the full range, especially new members, not really asking for votes, so it's up to you.

Well, I would like to see some of the lesser used forums like Dedicated Hosting and Shared Hosting merged together seeing as how each gets very little traffic. Together they would just be a Hosting forum, and therefore get more traffic.

in one word: NO!

We already have too many forums, it makes it confusing. Some forums are hardly used, so why have them? to make the forum look bigger? With all these forums and subforums, sometimes browsing around here isn't exactly a user friendly task.

I think that even before looking at new sections or whatever are looked at, it should be really focused on making the existing one as stable as possible.

It clearly isn't right now

a few more would be good, maybe a junk zone for all the spam threads to go and to chat, where we can let our hair down without worrying about posting sensibly. most forums have tons of sub sections. i as long as theres not too many it will still look clean. this forum needs to come out of the dark ages a bit imo

For "General Software/Hardware" I think it should be split up into two parts:
Computer and Laptop.

a few more would be good, maybe a junk zone for all the spam threads to go and to chat, where we can let our hair down without worrying about posting sensibly. most forums have tons of sub sections. i as long as theres not too many it will still look clean. this forum needs to come out of the dark ages a bit imo
"A place for all the spam threads to go & chat", what's all that about?, lol.

Back
Top Bottom