im looking for settings that i can run with my stock heatsink :/
thanks again.
specs:
Motherboard: NVDAACPI

Basic Input Output Systme(BIOS): Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Central Processing Unit(CPU) X 2

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
++++Basic CPU fan that came with it (heatsink)

Physical Memory X 2 (Kingston DDR2)

1024MB

1024MB

Hard Disk: MAXTOR STM3160812AS (149GB)

Video Card X 2

VisionTek Radeon X1550 Series

VisionTek Radeon X1550 Series Secondary

I have that processor also and I can never get it good. Like I'll get it to 2.8ghz no problems but when windows load up it automatically changes to 2.3 and I'm like wtF?

So if anyone could help us BOTH out that would be awesome!

that would be great if someone helped us both :)
)ps: all i want is some tweaking/setting suggestions :/

What exactly do you need help with? I assume it's like any of the newer dual cores and is good for about 2.7-2.8 with good cooling. Prime95 is your friend.

Mine is somewhat stable at 2.7 now, seems like at 2.8 it will crash a lot. Pretty sure it's not the RAM that's holding me back since I've been anywhere from 800 to 900 effective MHz with it, sitting at 800 now. But keep bringing it up and stress testing it with two instances of Prime95 until it crashes, that's most likely the limit of one of your cores. I would say you should be able to get to 2.6-2.7 easily with stock cooling as long as you have a lot of airflow in the case. Keep an eye on load temps, I'd keep it under 55 Cº MAX.

If you don't know about what each of your settings are, you need to read up. FSB, HTT, Vcore, etc. You need to know what they mean. This here seems like a good guide for you, even though it's another board the same stuff basically applies.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/a8n32-quickie-oc-guide-vt65243.html

Some things you may want to make sure you do is set your CPU > NB Multiplier to where your HTT (FSB) times the multiplier is around 1000. So if you're at stock (200) it's at 5x. If you go to 250, set it to 4x. Another thing is, try to get your RAM running in 1T mode, it's a little quicker that way. Hopefully this will get you started.

BIOS Manufacturer: Award Software International, Inc.​
SMBIOSBIOSVersion: F5​

cpu-
cache-
mobo-
ram-
SPD-

alright i overclocked it to 2.4 ghz and it seemed fine. didnt change voltage or anything just went from 200 on my cpu to 218 and temp seemed fine although my core temp went up to 48ish i think. any suggestions?
:/

get a new cooler IMO. with a 30$ cooler you can get more than that price worth of performance by OCing and got it above the highest priced model at 2.7ghz when the highest retail is 2.6ghz and sells for 119$ i payed a measly 65$ add a 30$ cooler an my final price was 95$

EDIT: my temps are also LOWER than with a stock cooler and stock settings

I have that processor also and I can never get it good. Like I'll get it to 2.8ghz no problems but when windows load up it automatically changes to 2.3 and I'm like wtF?

So if anyone could help us BOTH out that would be awesome!

try turning off amd cool n' queit

are you running vista because it use to report my cpu speed wrong

get a new cooler IMO. with a 30$ cooler you can get more than that price worth of performance by OCing and got it above the highest priced model at 2.7ghz when the highest retail is 2.6ghz and sells for 119$ i payed a measly 65$ add a 30$ cooler an my final price was 95$

EDIT: my temps are also LOWER than with a stock cooler and stock settings

try turning off amd cool n' queit

are you running vista because it use to report my cpu speed wrong

Yeah i'm running vista, im going to oc right now. brb lol BOOM!

You think 2.2ghz to a 2.6ghz overclock will make a HUGE difference?

Man! I just want an e6600.

Back
Top Bottom