Dual questions

well thats nice and all but i hate w8ing :mad:
And by then i could have my AMD computer already built and there goes more of my summer :mad:
I just want the 1000 year in the future computer so i can smoke some benchmarks :D

It depends on your motherboard. How old is your computer? What kind of motherboard do you have? What CPU are you using right now?

i have no idea what motherboard it is
ordered from dell
as for the processor its a pentuim 4
does this answer anything?

It only supports Pentium 4 and Celeron D. You'll need a motherboard upgrade big time along with RAM and CPU (since you want the Core 2 Duo). Your system does not currently support DDR2 either.

and which do you think would be better
should i go with this one (see the link below)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1645065&Sku=CP2-PD-940 C
or should i go for this one
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2341564&Sku=CP1-DUO-E6700
it seems to me like the first one would be better

Definitely the E6700, by a very long shot. Though it's clocked lower, the Core architecture gets more done per clock cycle than the Pentium D, so more GHz doesn't necessarily mean it's faster. There are benchmarks all over the internet proving it; if you look around, you'll find a lot to back up that any Core 2 would be better than that Pentium D in the majority of applications.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention you'd probably be better off with a lower-end C2D and overclocking it. The E6700 isn't superior enough to the others to justify its price, IMO. Refer to the above post for some good cheap C2D chips.

I feel the E6700 is better and even thought they can OC just as high as the lower end E6600 or even the E6400, because they start out at a high clock rate and are probably more efficient in OCing and stability.

As far as how I know what your detail specs, I am the Grand Master and I just know it all.

Ha, just kidding. Just knowing that you have a Dimension 2400 explains a lot. On Dell.com, they tell you what chipsets are used for that particular model PC. Once you know the supporting chipsets, you can also figure out what CPU they support, RAM technology, FSB, etc, etc. Info. just pours out of that.

Back
Top Bottom