Wats going to happen to the CPU indistry?

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
well i was reading some stuff and i was wondering
Wats going to happen if AMD fails to give Competition to Intel?

Is the Barcelona CPUs going to help AMD?

Read this which i was reading and u will start thinking about this too
and
Is AMD keeping there new Processor's secret Because its better or it stinks?
These next few months are going to b a bit crazy

Heres the link
http://www.eggxpert.com/blogs/sickofsoyo/archive/2007/04/28/amd-vs-intel-the-good-and-the-bad.aspx
And hopefully Intel wont go for world Domination :D

Plz give links to stuff that will make me happy(I mean by putting links on anything that is leaked on the AMD stuff and not wat ur thinking about)

at the mo intel ut bmay be winning before dual core amd always won and still do win in solo core market .Also amd are planning something big with ati to do with graphics and gpu integration and unless intel pull some other new tech outof the bag well amd will rule again .I wouldnt expect this new gpu technology justquite yet tho .
Also amd do make moneyand in fact alot of it in the budget section of the market where intel just cant compete at all

but it seems that AMD has the uper hand in this because its research is very secret and Intel has no idea wat might come out
And If AMD does come back it has 2 companies so it can recover in CPU and also have an alternate source of income which Intel dosent have
Wat does Intel have to counter because it seems like Intel has... no more ammo.
Also wat IF a company does go bankrupt.
Do u think the goverment would step in because Intel could become a......Monopoly. And im only 14 so dont yell at me if Intel cant become that, but i have a feeling that it could?

And wat woud a L3 shared memory on a CPU do to performance and wat would it do?

Well tbh i acnt see amd going bankrupt so dont worry about that .And intel have new core 2 duos coming out and some smaller cores so thats there direction for a while just improving the core 2 duo . there would be no point in them releasing a whole new thing right now cos there is nothing for it to compete with .Also INTEL will have secret research .after all its competition but its not just necessarily who can make the most powerful cpu a lot of people and businesses just need machines to do day to day stuff and so there buying budget processors and they dont realy care about the whole amd-intel thing they want the cheapest processor out there . and that is amd's real spot on the market
Also nobody will be going bankrupt IMO .For instance intel also make chipsets and motherboards whereas intel have AMD and are also making a real killing where the budget level is AMD also =ATI and so using there knowledge about cpu's amd can focus on making more powerfull gpus which are also a big part of the market for gaming market .That s what i think is and will happen anyway

I'm about to invest in some AMD stock because it is really cheap, and then if there new core annihilates Intels then there stock will rise causing me to make a lot of money.
and it is usually back and forth anyway with these two company's.

I'm about to invest in some AMD stock because it is really cheap, and then if there new core annihilates Intels then there stock will rise causing me to make a lot of money.

Wow good luck dude . I wish i had some money it seems pretty sure in the future amd is gotta do something .
Also about amd vs intel . well back in like 2002 amd used to rule with the athlon xp processors against intels pentium 4's so its not always been bad for amd

Well, the thing is, Intel has an ingenious marketing strategy. 90% of users don't give a crap about what kind of processor they have, as long as it works. With all of Intel's advertising, when people see an "Intel Inside" sticker on a computer, they automatically think it's a good PC.

Intel has good marketing, AMD does not. That's their downfall. To take it up a notch, Intel plans to be the first microprocessor manufacturer to come out with 45nm CPUs:

"Chicago (IL) – Intel already confirmed that 45 nm processors will be in mass-production by the end of the year, but there have been questions about the actual announcement and availability of these new Penryn core-based processors.

According to industry sources, Intel in fact aims to announce the first members of its 45 nm processor family this year, most likely late in Q4. The first Penryn CPU to be available on the market will be the quad-core Yorkfield, followed by the dual-core Wolfdale early in Q1 2008. Clock speeds will be inching up and hit 3.33 GHz, we heard.

It is unclear whether Intel will be able compete this year with AMD's Phenom X4 quad-core processor, which is expected to to launch in November.

45 nm mobile processors will follow in Q1 2008, presumably with a CES 2008 introduction date in the first week of January of next year.

The 65 nm cores will get one more update, with the big news being the FSB1333 6x50 variants (up to 3.0 GHz) coming “very soon,” according to Intel and the company's first Extreme Edition mobile processor as well as faster upper mainstream models also being prepped for launch within Q3. Intel is rumored to be planning the release of T7800 (2.6 GHz) and T7900 (2.8 GHz) versions of the CPU.

Information about Intel's second generation 45 nm processor also has begun trickling in: Gainstown, expected to be available with up to eight cores, will be using a dual-die design (with up to 2 x 4 cores) as well as the flip-chip LGA8 package. The die size will climb substantially from currently 143 mm2 of the 65 nm Core 2 Duo and an expected 107 mm2 of the upcoming 45 nm Penryn generation to 191 mm2, due to larger caches as well as an integrated memory controller, which will be one major factor that is responsible for an increased pin count: Gainstown processors will have 1366 pins, up from 775 in the current (desktop) Core 2 Duos."

Sounds good to me.

I was doing a stock market project in school when the C2D came out. AMD's prices went up, and intel went down.... ON the + Nvidia carried me away to $5000 in fictitious profit.

Also amd do make moneyand in fact alot of it in the budget section of the market where intel just cant compete at all

True, but something tells me that the Pentium dual-core (NOT a Pentium D. Pentium Dual-Core is a new proc) will help that. It's worse than the PD, but fills a nice gap for those who want dual-core systems, but can't afford a normal DC proc.

Honestly though, now that C2's have the options of running on 1333, AMD will need to push harder to break though. I though I read somewhere with the C2 first came out where an AMD rep said that they wouldn't be able to match it for about a year and a half. That could change yes, but I'm not holding much hope yet.

Back
Top Bottom